Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't GPS working on my Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to find out how to connect my device to my iPhone 11 Pro Max. “Fitbit” isn’t listed in my location services. I have read how to fix that but the info I was reading is incorrect. Do I need to delete and start over? I have a Fitbit Charge 3. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@doerlewine Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding your question, the Charge 3 has what is called an inductive button and it is located at the left side of your device. It's not a traditional physical button. As mentioned on the post above, instructions for the restart can be found here

Please check the picture below: 

Where is the button on Charge 3? - Fitbit Community

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @doerlewine. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for reading and following some troubleshooting steps. I'd recommend trying to perform a restart to your Charge 3. For this, please visit the following help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Also, please confirm if this is the information you read before: 

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.
  • Confirm that Bluetooth on your phone is turned on, and your device is connected under your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
  • Make sure that phone is within 30 feet of your device.
  • Make sure that your device can sync with the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  • Confirm that the Fitbit app can use your phone's GPS sensors. For more information, see: How do I allow my Fitbit device to use my phone's GPS sensors?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info but I am confused, on the Charge 3, what button do I push? I don’t any.

Duane Erlewine
Best Answer
0 Votes

@doerlewine Thanks for your reply. 

Regarding your question, the Charge 3 has what is called an inductive button and it is located at the left side of your device. It's not a traditional physical button. As mentioned on the post above, instructions for the restart can be found here

Please check the picture below: 

Where is the button on Charge 3? - Fitbit Community

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes