Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn’t my Charge 3 vibrating when getting call/text notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why isn’t my fit bit charge vibrating when I’m receiving a phone call? Text message and what app message come through but not vibrations.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@Nickypatel74 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! Let me find a solution for the vibration issue that your Charge 3 is experiencing when receiving call/text notifications. Please disable the notifications. After this, restart your tracker as described in this help article. After this, restart your phone, open the app and turn on the notifications again. Finally, sync your tracker and test the notifications in order to see if your tracker vibrates when getting a call or text message.

In the meantime, please let me know what is the model of your phone.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Doesn't vibrate still. Does not vibrate on restart boot up even. Will be returning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roopert Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is still unable to vibrate even though you have restarted it. Please check out this help article and make sure that your phone has this option enabled.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello the same thing is happening to me. When I receive a call the screen lights up about one second then disappears, no vibration no notification. Have rebooted, checked settings, on Fitbit and on IPhone 8. Nothing works as it should. Using latest version off Fitbit app and charge 3 firmware. Very disappointed in the Charge 3 and have resulted in going back to using my Charge 2. 

Best Answer

@HealthyJ Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not vibrating when receiving call notifications either. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting the forums. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and send your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to further investigate.

Let me know i you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Try this simple step (Step 3) of turning on the notifications on the Fitbit: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979/?q=text+vibrate&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1#setu...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roopert, do you have vibration option enabled in the Fitbit app? When in the app, tap on a Charge 3 icon in the top right corner. Scroll down to Notifications, tap again. Scroll down - Always Vibrate option should be turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the charge 3 and an iPhone and had the same issue. I have been playing around in the phone settings for days as I knew the Fitbit was set up to vibrate. I noticed the do not disturb had been switched on(maybe when setting up the Fitbit it caused this)yet I wasnt getting the normal message on the screen to say it was on..so disabled that and since then it has been vibrating when a notifications has come through. Might be worth a try 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications keep going off. Hold down on side button until notification and screen awake come on screen. Mine are usually shut off periodically so just tap them and you should be good! 

Best Answer

Mine is doing this also.. It has never vibrated at all.. I have tried everything and all the solutions I have read  What do I need to do?

Jodi 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also done eveything possible numerous times.  My has never vibrated from the beginning. Can you please send my to support also..

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked. Wonder why the notifications turn off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not have an always vibrate option

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh thats not good - mine has never worked either, I was hoping to come here to find the answer!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Most helpful post on this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My partner's charge3 wouldn't vibrate so I went into the app tapped notifications down to vibrate switched it off for 5 secs then back on and vibrate now works

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you find out it was on silent/ do not disturb?  Mine works for a short time then stops. It is annoying and I don't know how to fix it permanently. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 was giving me so many issues from day one and kept switching it self off, the amount off times I had to reset it and in the end I took it back to the shop who also was baffled and sent it to service centre who claimed the watch was faulty. After going backwards and forwards to the store for 4 weeks I decided to get my refund and buy the Apple Watch instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I have this problem with my Fitbit Charge 3 not vibrating when my iPhone 6S rings ( it used to vibrate and I don’t know why it has stopped).I have tried the usual restarting of both devices.

Best wishes

David

Best Answer
0 Votes