Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I loose all my data when replacing my Charge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!  I received a replacement Charge because my current Charge is falling apart.  When I set up the new one, will I lose all of my data (badges, history, etc)?  

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @aesavage5. Before setting up your new tracker, I recommend syncing the original one, in this way your information will remain on your Dashboard. After syncing the original tracker, you can setup the new one by doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Go to "Account"
2. Tap "Set Up a New Fitbit Device"
3. Tap the image of the tracker you are going to set up
4. Tap "Switch to (tracker)"
5. Follow the instructions

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @aesavage5. Before setting up your new tracker, I recommend syncing the original one, in this way your information will remain on your Dashboard. After syncing the original tracker, you can setup the new one by doing the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Go to "Account"
2. Tap "Set Up a New Fitbit Device"
3. Tap the image of the tracker you are going to set up
4. Tap "Switch to (tracker)"
5. Follow the instructions

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I was sent a replacement Fitbit for one with a busted band.  I noticed that in going through the setup procedures, all my previous badges were gone.  Guess I have to start over.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Forums @Richard002! It's weird to hear that your badges were gone. Did you paired your tracker to a new account? If you didn't, could you please log out and log back in to your account. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
What happened is I lost the clasp on my original so I was sent a new blaze. Before I activated it I had to re-activate the old one because I continued to use it (taped the band to hold it on my wrist) after it was described by the Fitbit app upon delivery of the new replacement. I was out of town and wanted to participate in the challenge we had going that week.

I just continued to use it under a different user name until recently when my laziness wore off and I drug out the replacement. Changed the account back to my original and synced. No badges remain from my original user name.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Richard002 Regardless of the user name that you used the most important thing is to have the same email address. If you used a different one then you automatically have a different account. You will need to access the other account with the original email address and setup your tracker there to see all your previously recorded information. I am not saying this happened but usually it is the case so I just wanted to mention it to you.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

If I create a new Fitbit account will I lose my data on my old account? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Caleb225 A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Thank you for your inquiry. If you create a brand new account you won't be able to retrieve or merge your previous information from a different account. You can either setup the new tracker to your existing account to keep that data or start from zero on a new account.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes