Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Charge 2 count steps in my pocket?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It frustrates me that I don't get steps carrying something or pushing a shopping cart. If I put it in my pocket at those times would it count steps then?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gareth, the answer to your question is, yes it will.  The Charge 2 is designed to be worn on the wrist and will be most accurate worn that way under most circumstances.  However you will get a reasonable approximation by tucking it into your pocket when necessary.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@GarethDPhillips this really is a question for you to answer. 

Have you tried pushing a cart or carrying something heavy enough with the tracker in your pockect? How where the steps? 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue no, I haven't tried it. That's why I was asking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well why not just try it and see lol!

Best Answer

@gareth, the answer to your question is, yes it will.  The Charge 2 is designed to be worn on the wrist and will be most accurate worn that way under most circumstances.  However you will get a reasonable approximation by tucking it into your pocket when necessary.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G Thank you for your reply and for not acting like I asked a dumb question!

Best Answer

I actually have a pocket pedometer that work gave me and i wear my fit bit on my wrist and while i push gurneys around the hospital my hands are stable. I have noticed around 2000-3000 steps different. So it is nice to know i can put my fitbit in my pocket while at work and record my steps.  So it does make a difference if your hands aren't moving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I had the same question as above. I actually have a pocket pedometer that work gave me and i wear my fit bit on my wrist and while i push gurneys around the hospital my hands are stable. I have noticed around 2000-3000 steps different. So it is nice to know i can put my fitbit in my pocket while at work and record my steps.  So it does make a difference if your hands aren't moving.

Best Answer

Yes for the past year I've been wearing mine in my pants pockets and spanx when I wear dresses. Its about 2,500-4,000 a day that doesn't get tracked if I have it on my wrist. Unfortunately it causes a big bump that shows through my clothes and its a pain if I am not wearing pockets. I wish there was a pocket fitbit or an implant. That search is what led me here. Loll 

Best Answer

I work as an online shopper and i usually get about 7,000 to 8,000 in a four hour shift. Recently my strap broke and I put it in my pocket. It counted 12,000 steps in a 4 hour shift! I think it dosent count so many steps when you are pushing a trolley 

Best Answer

@KSO1969 wrote:

I think it dosent count so many steps when you are pushing a trolley 

Of course it won't, an arm based tracker is looking for arm movements that happen when a person is walking. Holding on to a trolley keeps the arm from properly moving in a way that steps will be counted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would my charge 2 or 3 work just as good on my ankle? And pick up heart rate that it can't in my pocket?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sister and I went to Toronto so we did some walking. She had a Fitbit as well. One day she registered 20,000 steps and I half that. I was pulling my luggage and carrying my purse with my Fitbit arm and she wasn’t. So I don’t believe it counts if your hand is still.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very possible @SunsetRunner see my post above, but yes if the tracker is in the pocket it will count steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, thank you. I tested it when I went on treadmill. But I did the treadmill holding the rails, it did not.

Claudette
Best Answer
0 Votes