Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Charge 3 have a clip?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of us who can't wear a wristband, will the Charge 3 come with a clip-on option?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

The fitbit alta also has a 3rd party clip attatchment, but i forgot if it was compatible with the alta hr or not 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also looking for a clip for the charge3. Also working in a hospital.

Best Answer

The Inspire doesn't  count steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

One year later - nada.

Best Answer

I totally agree that we need a device with a clip that counts stairs!  I don't want to wear it on my wrist

Best Answer

Agree that there needs to be a real replacement for the Fitbit One that can be clipped on or put in your pocket AND keeps track of stairs.  The Fitbit Inspire looks reasonable but doesn't keep track of stairs.  The Charge 3 might work, but you would need the clip option AND you would need to have a clip "mode" to change the algorithm on how it keeps track of steps (since the motion is different than when the device is on your wrist).  The Fitbit Inspire seems to have a mode to put the device in for "clip" mode.

Best Answer

Hi

As a new Charge 3 owner who cannot always wear my Fitbit on my wrist (high voltage hazard) I suddenly find myself invested and interested in this subject.

The actual making or adapting a clip to the Charge 3 should not be an issue as there are replacement strap-ends available for it 3rd party.  I am also assuming that Heart monitoring will probably not work with some of the below:

Being a guy, I don't have experience with bra Fitbit Clips (do they go in the middle or on the back, I asked my wife she doesn't know).  I imagine other options are Belt, Upper Arm (between shoulder and elbow), Head (hat or head band), Ankle, and Chest (with a separate stretchy strap).  I don't know if a pocket clip would work well because it is not in contact with the body securely (floppy on or in the pocket).

I am trying some different ways and places, but I need to get a second Charge 3 to see the difference and experiment more...

If indeed there is an important algorithm component to how it senses steps, well, that is out of my control. 

I will try to keep posting here. A year to wait for an answer or a product is kinda long, especially if you are a dog.   : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a nurse unable to wear a watch it would be handy to see steps and use the time on a clip like a nurses watch ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes