Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Pairing Issues - Paired once then never again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 2, it paired the first time i set it up and it has never paired again (Windows 10).

If I go to settings, devices and Bluetooth, press the + symbol it will search for and find the charge to but when you try to connect it works at connecting for a while and then the message try connecting your device again appears. I have tried this twenty to thirty times in a row without success.

I have read numerous threads on this all saying do this do that, update drivers, turn off then back on again etc etc and none of this works.

Connects every time to my Galaxy Samsung 6 Edge but not windows 10 desktop. I am beginning to think this device is not compatible with Windows 10 despite it telling me it is. Trading standards may be my next step for false advertising. There seems to be thousands of people with this issue unresolved despite many posts saying that it is resolved.

FITBIT IT IS NOT RESOLVED PLEASE GET THIS SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, @marksy76, a pairing bond is unique, so your Charge 2 will only pair to one device at a time.  If it is paired to your Galaxy Samsung, then you will need to turn off Bluetooth on your Samsung in order for it to pair to Windows (or make sure your Samsung is out of BT range). 

To make it pair again to your phone you will need to turn off BT on your Windows 10 device or move it out of range.

This unique bond is a BT limitation, and I don't think Trading Standards will be able to offer anything further!

Edited to add: I note that you are trying to pair using your Bluetooth connections.  This will always fail as that is not how it is designed.  You must pair using the Fitbit app.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I am aware of the fact that the bond is unique and I have turned off my phone, used the App to sync and it still does not do it.

Reading many threads all over the internet not just on this forum many people seem to be having the same issue.

Best Answer

My wife bought a versa. Paired once to her Samsung J2 and never again. Unpaired it from the Samsung and downloaded the windows 10 app onto her laptop. Paired once, synced all her steps onto the laptop and never syncs again. Bonus is that I lost her clock face and the tracker face says "go to the app and re-install" whilst the app says install "in progress" the cannot "connect to versa". (I told her not to buy it, that it would be crap and not work. Now I am stuck with it, bit like Brexit really.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@smk2, oh dear!  I can assure you that my Versa is MUCH nicer than Brexit...

It really ought to work with the Samsung phone (or the Windows app, but often not both together)

I would suggest trying again with the Samsung.  In that case she should probably close the computer or turn Bluetooth off.  You can only sync with one device at a time, and they do sometimes interfere with each other.

Then I would recommend checking the Samsung's Bluetooth settings and seeing if the Versa is there.  If it is choose delete/ forget this device.

For good measure make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app on the phone, and then turn off Bluetooth on the Samsung, wait 30 seconds or so, then turn it back on again

Then on the Versa, if you are unable to swipe on the screen, press and hold the left and the bottom right button at the same time, until you see the Fitbit logo (this restarts the Versa).  

These steps should mean that everything tries again completely clean.  So once you have restarted Bluetooth and restarted the Versa, try logging in to your wife's Fitbit account on the Samsung and try syncing it.

There's a lot more to try if this doesn't work, so please post again.  (One thing you should not try is deleting the Fitbit from your wife's account, because that can create extra problems).  Good luck, and keep us posted.  Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer
The fitbit is now syncing to the Samsung J3.

However, the clock face screen on the tracker says “Clock Error Go to the Fitbit Mobile app and try another clock”.

When we do so the app says “Please wait. There is another clock install in progress. Please wait for it to finish before installing a new one.”

When we click on “OK I’ll wait” it does nothing.

We can force it to give a message “Continue Installing”, select either option “later” or “continue” the app sits there saying “switching”.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @smk2, it does sound like a bit of a marathon getting it going!  

It sounds like the app has got stuck... I would suggest logging out of the Fitbit app and then logging in again.  If that does not work, it might help simply to delete the app and redownload it.

When you lof back in again, make sure you use the same email address and password you used to set up the account.

Good luck! Let us know if you get it working as it should be...

Best Answer
Sorry, no difference.

Deleted the app off the phone and re-installed it.

Logged back on and it synced immediately.

Still clock error on the tracker, still thinks it is installing a clock.

Regards

Nigel

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@smk2, this really ought to be fixable!  So annoying for you!

Have you given the Fitbit a restart (or three) as well?

If you have tried restarting and re-installing the app, it might be time to give Fitbit Customer Service a call on contact.fitbit.com.  If you do get in touch, please let them know the trouble shooting steps you have already tried, as that will save time.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Answer