Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't track exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I worked out this am. I have heart rate, active minutes, etc. but track exercise nothing. Help!
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

The moderator replied in 2016 & it is Sept 2019. I’m assuming there’s still no fix and the only solution is to invest in another one. Mine started not tracking all of my steps in challenges or it would calculate them in one challenge but not the other 2. Then they updated Fitbit & now it won’t record my sleep, exercises, or challenges. It shows exercises but not my steps & calories burned will only be like 30 for what is usually 300. I’m so frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with a Fitbit Charge 4. I did an hour's exercise class this morning. The steps show up on the fitbit and app but nothing for today in the exercise tracker. Same on Friday when I walked twice and did 30 minutes exercise class. It is very frustrating.

I have reset the fitbit, reinstalled the app, turned my phone on and off, switched bluetooth on and off. Please can you help?

thank you, Helen Singer

Best Answer
I find that some exercise e.g. gardening doesn't show on my fitbit. I seem to have to move my arm to make it register. sweeping up leaves does! If I carry shopping in my 'fitbit' hand my steps don t register! I find it frustrating. Sorry this won t help you. But your not on your own if that's any consolation?
Best Answer

Its been 5 years maybe you should fix your software now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Gninnaf Welcome to the community forums. 

@Gninnaf wrote:

Its been 5 years maybe you should fix your software now.

If you currently experience an inconvenience, it would be great if you can provide more information. Otherwise, if you were referring to someone else's post, you can click the three dots at the top right of your post to edit it. You can also mention users directly by using the @ sign and typing their usernames.

Also, note that you can create a new thread for additional questions or inquiries. Please make sure to post them in the correct board based on your Fitbit product. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

But with the Charge 4, I could record Yoga, Pilates and walk (with GPS).  Why not with the Charge 5?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @SilqueFit

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Most devices, including Charge 5, automatically track several exercises, 20+ exercises are available in the Exercise app. You can choose the option that best matches your activity, like yoga, pilates and walk. Add your favorite exercises to the shortcuts list. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Hope you find this information helpful. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer