Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong date/time on charge hr

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit battery went dead as I misplaced it and when I recharged it, it is not showing the current date/time. ie today is 4th June and it's showing May 27th. It's also showing the wrong time. I've tried logging in and out of app (iPhone), deleting app and reinstalling, resetting up sync of charge HR to app, logging into profile on Fitbit website to check setting yet nothing seems to work. Can anybody help?
Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

This happened to me and I opened Google Play and updated the Fitbit app.  Once the app updated, the time displayed correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does the date and time go back to the time it was when it went flat...it has not done this before.

What is the tracker?

I don’t understand the jargon eg. what is tracker , what is HR, how can I hold button down when versa is on charge.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

What worked for me is the following.  I am using an Android/Pixel phone.

1) Go to Settings > System > Date & time  (it might be different on your phone but basically go to the date/time settings)

2) Uncheck the 'Use network-provided time' option so that the date and time are editable.

3) Move the time forward 10 minutes

4) In the Fitbit app, do a sync.  Make sure that the sync went through.  It should say something that sync was 'a moment ago' or 'a minute ago'.  I don't remember the time changing in my Fitbit at this point but keep going.

5) Go back to to Settings > System > Date & time.

6) Check the 'Use network-provided time' option.  The time on your phone should change.

7) In the Fitbit app, do another sync (or two or three).  The time on your phone might be a minute or few seconds off but it's close enough for me.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried every solution I could find and the only thing that actually worked is a factory reset. Seriously, I had other things to do instead of chasing fixes that did not work. YouTube has a video that was perfect and worked like a dream. Yes, I lost all my data stored on the device and who cares. I was not using it to cure cancer - it tracks my steps. This worked.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

My Fitbit switched to Paris time when I went to France but didn't revert back to London time when I came home. So I went into Account -> App settings ->Time Zone and switched to London time. It's fine now.

Best Answer