Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awake times being recorded as light sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i have my sleep tracking set to sensitive but I am finding it is recording periods of being awake, as light sleep.  Should it be recording periods where I am basically 'resting with my eyes closed' as light sleep?  I am conscious during these times, but it is recording it as a light sleep instead of awake.  What determines the difference between light sleep and being awake?  I admit it might be a fine line but I feel like my awake times are being under reported and my light sleep times over reported.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

This feels silly, lol.

It's not an mri and if you are laying in bed for an extended period of time, awake (but not moving) or asleep, your heart rate will lower and your breathing will slow. It's a sensor on the back of a glorified stepcounter not a medical professional or a piece of professional equipment, haha. It can track electrical signals or brain waves. If it's ability to track sleep is based on lack of movement and lowered heart rate and you stop moving, and lower your heart rate then why would it not dock you as sleeping? 

But if you are wanting a more accurate reading, if you are still wide awake you could try move your arm around a bit? To let it know you aren't sleeping? 

Best Answer

Can't track*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got up at 1am and watched TV for 3hrs it recorded it as light sleep, went to bed and as usual listening to audible for remainder of night it's recorded as deep sleep and light sleep which it always does so I don't see the sleep recording as accurate. I know I get about 3 to 4 hours sleep but according to my fitbit I regularly get 7 hrs mixed deep and light sleep when I m lying listening to audible so never take the readings as believable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine tracks all different stages of sleep,  including REM and deep sleep when I was up all night moving & painting. I think the sleep tracking is a nice thought, but kind of a joke in reality. It's totally unreliable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes