Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplication/repeating of high step counts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've been a Fitbit user since 2013.  I've had minor and fixable issues with my devices over the years, but never one so frustrating that I've decided to stop wearing it. 

i thought I'd see if I could find a solution again before I decide to just be done with it for good. 

Currently I'm using a Charge 3 with the iOS app.

I find that almost any day where I have a high step count that exceeds 10k, it will also replace the step count of the previous day provided that step count was less.  For example, if on a Tuesday I finish the day with 7436 steps and then have a total of 15245 steps on Wednesday, then Wednesday and Tuesday will both show up on my app and my dashboard with a step total of 15245 for both days. 

For the week of November 21 - 27 both the 21st and 22nd are 35807 steps, the 23rd and 24th are both 37674 steps, the 25th and 26th are both 25130 steps.  This is just simply not accurate.  I know on the 23rd I was closer to 7000 steps, yet I'm credited for over 30000. 

I've reset the device many times.

I've rebooted the device.

I've re-installed the app.

I've added it as a new device.

I've tried not wearing it to bed, so it's inactive past midnight.

I've had my timezone set both manually and automatically detected. 

basically I've tried everything I can think of for it to stop duplicating my step totals, but nothing seems to be working.

Is there any solution to this that I can still try? I'm not enjoying wearing my Fitbit if it can't give me an accurate assessment of something as basic as my step count.  On my device I have no issue with the count.  It's how it decides to record that count at the end of the day that I have a problem with.

I'd appreciate any feedback.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0