Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 0x0009 and keeps going into race mode and shutting itself off randoml

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So after going to update v122 my fit bit has been randomly going crazy, shutting itself down, going into race mode (did not even know it had a race mode)  Haveing to be shut down to get it to work, I have reset it a couple times.  When it is working it is still syncing.

Stupid thing just went into race mode while I was typing this up.  Stupid thing!  Anyone else having similiar problems?

Thanks

Steven

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Actually had already tried many factory resets to no help, at least not for long term.  Contacted fitbit support, they looked into it and said my fitbit was faulty, they are sending me a new one, should be here tomorrow!!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@aquariumjunky Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is a strange issue! I will recommend to try a factory reset. This can fix the issue for you.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Actually had already tried many factory resets to no help, at least not for long term.  Contacted fitbit support, they looked into it and said my fitbit was faulty, they are sending me a new one, should be here tomorrow!!!

Best Answer

@aquariumjunky Ohh I see, sorry about that Smiley Sad! But you know, its great to hear that you are getting a new Charge HR tomorrow! Make sure to set it up as a replacement tracker so you will not loose any of your previous information. 

Also, feel free to check the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting threads there. Post in any thread you want! Smiley Very Happy

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge HR worked great for months and then, all of a sudden today, it stopped responding, showed an error code on the display (0x0009) and froze. I followed th I stuffings for doing a complete reset and erase. When it finally came back on, it just continues to set itself into timer mode like I'm exercising. I stop the timer mode and a few seconds later it puts itself back into timer mode.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adamscrnr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is strange! I will recommend to perform a restart a couple more time on your Charge HR (follow @AlejandraFitbit's steps). Usually several restarts can fix this kind of issues. If after doing that it is still having issues; report the problem to customer support to get further assistance on this matter. They will be happy to help you out.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope I get an answer like that. My band wore out on our honeymoon in April, so I got a replacement. Now that my warranty is up, the replacement is acting up and I was told they would have to see if engineering can fix the problem. In the meantime, I can't wear my Fitbit because it constantly goes into activity mode, freezes, or restarts, which happened today after a workout that I do every week, multiple times a week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LRobinson Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you performed a restart on your Charge HR already? (follow @AlejandraFitbit's steps) If you did and still no luck; report the problem to customer support. I think they can help you out with a factory reset or something similar to fix those issues.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just having this issue now. 

I am so glad I got the 2 year warranty from Target. Longest lasting fitbit for me yet - a year and a half. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had the same issue and then some. The button also failed. Contacted the chat service support, but since I'm outside my original warranty and on my second fitbit, all they would do is offer 25% off of another fitbit. Based on past track record, it will fail in less than one year. I'm looking for another manufacturer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KC135E Welcome to the Fitbit family! I'm glad to heat that customer support was cool enough to provide you with a discount after the warranty period ended! 

Have you thought about getting one of the new generation of Fitbit trackers? I think a Charge 2 will be good for you, it is such a great tracker! Feel free to check its features here. I think that tracker is now at a discounted price from the original one, so that will be a double discount for you. Take a look at this:

charge2.PNG

Hope to see you back with Fitbit! See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same issue on a replacement tracker i got  2 days ago , every tracker the y send me another issue happens and i am very frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scinnante Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you contacted them again to report that? They should be able to provide you options to get this fixed. It is certainly not normal for a replacement tracker to last only 2 days.

Also, can you tell me the problems you are experiencing with your replacement tracker? Maybe I can help you out with that! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had one charge hr die on me and now the second one is doing the weird cycle and buzz thing that SO MANY have mentioned.  I will be looking for a replacement but nit WON'T be a fitbit!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes