Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Xs won't pair with Charge 2 for "All-Day Sync" and Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the new iPhone Xs and am trying to move my Fitbit Charge 2 over to the new phone. My old phone is turned off and in storage. My new iPhone will update the stats whenever I go into the Fitbit App, but when I try to turn the switch on to allow for "All-Day Sync" it gives me the spinning wheel of death for about 2 minutes, followed by the message "Bluetooth Pairing Failed: Call Notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now. Try again?"

When I try again, I get the same thing. 

I have my phone paired to the Fitbit via bluetooth in the Bluetooth menu, and as I said once I open the app I know it is at least slightly communicating since I am able to get my stats (calories burned and steps) there, but it won't update unless I open the app, and I am trying to get my notifications back on my Fitbit (as that was a huge benefit of it). 

Can someone tell me how to get my iPhone synced with my Fitbit? I really want to be able to get my call and text notifications from my Charge 2 again, and it's unbelievably frustrating that I can't find a fix anywhere online for this, so any help is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To anyone still following this post, I just spoke with a customer service agent live from Fitbit who said that the main issue is they have not made the new iPhone compatible with Fitbits yet. 

His only advice was to check the website every few weeks to try to see when the compatibility is updated. I'm assuming that means that there will be a software update we will need to do at that point, but he literally gave me no information other than that (it was like pulling teeth even to get that recommendation).

SO: if you've already tried unpairing your Fitbit from your old phone, re-setting the physical Fitbit device and unpairing from your account and re-pairing it as a "brand new device," as of November 16, 2018 there is no other way of fixing your device so that you can get all-day synch or call/calendar notifications. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hey there @MichelleAnnabel, it' nice to see you around! Did you unpair your Charge 2 from your old phone's Bluetooth settings? 

Charge 2 has a Bluetooth "bond" with the phone or tablet that sends the notifications. This bond prevents the Fitbit device from syncing with another phone, tablet, or computer.

To quickly and temporarily disable the bond, turn off Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. You can turn it back on later to resume syncing.

If you no longer use notifications, remove the bond:

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your phone or tablet  to see a list of associated Bluetooth devices. This list might contain only your Fitbit device or also include devices like wireless speakers, headsets, etc.
  2. Tap the name of your Fitbit device and choose "Forget This Device" or "Disconnect" (exact language will differ depending on your operating system).

You can now set up your Fitbit device using your new iPhone Xs.

Note that if your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I tried doing that, and also tried removing my Charge 2 from my Fitbit account and re-pairing with my iPhone Xs. It pairs, but I have the same problem as before where I only get sync-ing when I open the app and cannot set up the "All-Day Sync" and "Notifications" so that I get call and text notifications on my Charge 2. 

The issue is the same as I described in my original post, where it will try to pair for about 3-5 minutes, then states "Bluetooth Pairing Failed: Call Notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now. Try again?"

As an added negative, now it won't update my settings on my Fitbit, so the information it shows (such as clock face and the order of information on the Charge 2) has been re-set to it's original settings and won't change back no matter what I change on the app in my Charge 2 area (this was after re-pairing the device with my new phone as per the suggestion from @MarreFitbit). 

Please can you provide a different fix for this? I have had my new phone for almost 2 weeks now and not being able to get notifications about when I am texted or called is hindering my normal life, causing issues for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit am I ever going to get a reply from anyone or am I going to just never get my Fitbit to work with my phone? This is so frustrating and it's now been weeks with no resolution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit You said to let you know how it goes, and yet when I have and have told you that there was no change, you aren't responding or helping me with additional ways to fix this. PLEASE help, my Fitbit is practically useless if I can't have it sync right and I really don't want to have to move away from using fitbits, I like them too much! But if my device doesn't work and I can't get help from the support team I don't know what I'm supposed to do?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I’m having exactly the same problem with the same error message when trying to get calls and texts on my device. I’ve emailed Fitbit this evening waiting their response.

ive followed every single trouble shooting suggestion everywhere on the Fitbit website but to no avail, very annoying.  It’s weird as this error message is not mentioned anywhere on the Fitbit troubleshooting FAQs. 

If fitbit reply I’ll add their response on here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amandadon oh yes if they respond to you, please do! I haven't gotten any direction from any Fitbit source other than what you see above 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Iphone xs gets the stats but  can’t get any call or text notifications on fitbit charge 2 ! Same error 🙁.

tired of smart things in life 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me.  Very frustrating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit As you can see there are other people with this same issue piling in! Can you update us on a fix? It would be great if you could respond to this, at least letting us know if there is or isn't a fix, and if there isn't when we can expect one to occur!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 won’t even sync with my xs.  Doesn’t show up in the Bluetooth available devices list.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To anyone still following this post, I just spoke with a customer service agent live from Fitbit who said that the main issue is they have not made the new iPhone compatible with Fitbits yet. 

His only advice was to check the website every few weeks to try to see when the compatibility is updated. I'm assuming that means that there will be a software update we will need to do at that point, but he literally gave me no information other than that (it was like pulling teeth even to get that recommendation).

SO: if you've already tried unpairing your Fitbit from your old phone, re-setting the physical Fitbit device and unpairing from your account and re-pairing it as a "brand new device," as of November 16, 2018 there is no other way of fixing your device so that you can get all-day synch or call/calendar notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updates my phone to a Xs and my fitbit syncs. all day syncs gets call but no txt. Havent tested/ seen calender notifications yet so not sure ifnit is working. Hoping for an update that foxes txt notifications soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone XS was syncing and I was receiving notifications of calendar events and phone calls until the other day. Now I get nothing. I have tried removing the device and reloading but that didn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. 

I am having the same problem with the same frustration as Fitbit does not provide any solution. What a bad product!!! And even worst Customer Service. I will not recommend Fitbit to anyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have used the Fitbit for about 6 years. I haven’t had a problem with a
Fitbit device until moving to the iPhone XS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on my IPhone 8plus. I have had my Charge 2 for 2 years and have always received the same message. I have followed all the instructions posted by techs on this forum with no luck. The only thing I have not tried us to remove it and re setup. I don’t want to lose all my data so have not done that. I can not understand what step I am missing on phone or device. Very frustrating. Once again I will let it go, but disappointed since my son, daughter and sister all receive these notifications on their Charge 2 Fitbits!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an iPhone 6s and have the Fitbit charge 2. I bought it mainly because I wanted to the call and text notifications. The text notifications never ever worked on my 6s. It was a huge pain. 

I recently upgrade my phone to the iPhone XS and thought for sure the notifications would work. Nope. It is synced and updates everything else, but no notifications. 

I recall seeing a Fitbit reply on another thread basically saying that it wouldn’t work as Fitbit and iPhone didn’t connect properly. But I know others with iPhone 7 and the same OS and they get all notifications. 

My opinion is that Fitbit are aware it doesn’t work well on Apple devices but don’t care as we’ve already bought their product. 

When this Fitbit dies I won’t be buying another of their products unless I can be guaranteed the functions are all available for my use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ShannonMay,

I actually got a fix from Fitbit for this. I called in and talked to their customer service over the phone and I'm so sorry I forgot the fix, but it was apparently something I could have done the entire time (per the person I spoke to on the phone).

I recommend calling in to their help line to ask and walk through the process of trying to fix your Fitbit's connectivity with a live person, as I got my issue resolved in about 5 minutes (so sad considering it was 5-6 months of struggles to get an answer on this forum). 

Best-

Michelle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Michelle, I have called them once before but was ages ago. I’ll give
it another go. Appreciate your reply.

UPDATE - I ended up speaking with fitbit and went through all the fixes (which I had already completed numerous times myself but obviously needed to satisfy them that this was being done correctly, fair enough).   Eventually they advised that the syncing with iOS is a problem and as there is no resolution they offered me a refund on my fitbit.  This was done by virtual mastercard which is now another issue entirely as I am in Australia and the card is issued with US dollars and so far I haven't had any luck using it online anywhere.  

BUT, have to say, am happy with fitbit offering to refund my device given it didn't do as advertised.  The customer service staff were helpful and patient. 

Best Answer
0 Votes