Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone can't find Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a brand new Charge 2. Set it up last night via the app on my iPad because my iPhone was in the other room. Had no problems. But now the app via the iPhone can't find the Fitbit. It constantly says "looking" when I try to sync. I can still sync via the iPad because I think it has an older version of the Fitbit app. 

I've deleted and reinstalled the app. 

I've turned the Bluetooth on and off. 

I've turned the phone on and off. 

I went to my bluetooth settings and no devices are listed. 

I've plugged the Charge 2 in and held the button to reset it. 

I've even deleted the Charge 2 from my account and tried to relink it from the iPhone but it still can't find it. 

(It's a 2 month old iPhone 7 so I don't think the phone is the problem.)

I'm so frustrated. Is it a problem with the latest app release?  Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Misstish, the Charge 2 probably cannot connect to the iPhone because it is already connected to the iPad. You only need to sync to one device, so if you are synced with the iPad, you can view the stats on the iPhone app without re-syncing it on the iPhone.   But, if you prefer to sync it with the iPhone, try turning the Bluetooth off on the iPad, which will release the Charge 2 from it, and should make it so that the iPhone can see it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Misstish, the Charge 2 probably cannot connect to the iPhone because it is already connected to the iPad. You only need to sync to one device, so if you are synced with the iPad, you can view the stats on the iPhone app without re-syncing it on the iPhone.   But, if you prefer to sync it with the iPhone, try turning the Bluetooth off on the iPad, which will release the Charge 2 from it, and should make it so that the iPhone can see it.

Best Answer

I can't believe that worked.  I'm sure I've synced my other Fitbits through both the iPhone and the iPad. But I prefer the phone app, so I'm happy this was fixed so easily. 

Thanks for the quick response!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that with no success still searching

Best Answer

This worked for me - thank you! I've been trying to sort it for days...…..

Best Answer
0 Votes