Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scratched charge hr 2 - fix to remove scratches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, you won't believe it, I scratched my Charge HR 2. I tried lots of cleaning methods and nothing worked. Then, someone told me they used to polish plastic headlights with autosol metal polish. Metal polish?

Well, I gave it a go and the Charge 2 looked worse. All the deep and fine scratches were still there. I could feel when I rubbed. Oh, bugger I must have made it worse.

I had nothing to lose so I applied more autosol and rubbed for about 1 min using one of those clothes you get with screen protectors.

Well, it started to feel smoother the more I rubbed. I buffed the screen and most of the scratches have gone. I have another go and I would say 99% of the scratches have gone now. I should have taken a photo before, but I didn't expect it to actually work to be honest.IMG_0680.jpg

I am so impressed! My charge HR 2 is looking like again! woooo!

Link below:

Autosol Metal Polish

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Toothpaste doesn't work. Please read the first post I wrote (right at the top).

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. Its called microfiber cloth.

2. Will this work for Fitbit Ionic?

3. What's this?  |

|

\/

Whats that curve?Whats that curve? 

《《ツ☯Sir⌘Ionic☯ツ》》
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a inspire HR but there are no solutions for scratches in the inspire chat. I bought metal polish and screen protectors for after I hopefully fix it. Does metal polish work for all fitbits? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's just a reflection/tint. It will only work on plastic displays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only plastic displays. Autosol worked for me. Other metal polishers, I haven't tried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried Polywatch several times, but it didn't work. I am going to try your other options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using one of these for a couple of years:

https://www.amazon.com/Leotop-Compatible-Fitbit-Protector-Lightweight/dp/B07MB94NF1/ref=sr_1_7

Advantage?  Protects the Fitbit from bumps and shocks.  You won't be able to tell how scratched your screen is!  LOL.

I wear mine when working on cars and doing other repairs.  Needs the protection.

Disadvantage? You can still see info on the screen...but water stains and hair/fuzz collect under it.

I recently changed the band on my Charge 2...problem being that the sleep monitoring went all to hey...so I went back to the old band (aftermarket)...Fitbit is sensitive to how snug the band is.  Working fine again.

My charge 2 is getting pretty old...not sure how old but several years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried toothpaste didn't see any difference 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this! I've only had my Inspire 2 for about three months and just scratched the screen, so I wasn't sure what if it was fixable. But after reading your post, I found a metal polish called Brasso at my local Home Depot and it worked perfectly! I applied very little using a soft cloth and the scratches came right out. Thank you so much for finding this fix! I'm so relieved my screen is back to looking like new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this recommendation! I thought I'd have to replace my Inspire 2 as I gave it a good scrape against a white wall. It was hard to see some of the smaller writing at the top of the screen. I bought Autosol in Amazon as recommended and over a few sessions of applying the paste with a polishing cloth I've noticed the scrapes getting less and less noticeable. It's almost gone now.

I tried the toothpaste method with no result.

I'm going to get a screen protector, as I'm sure I've worn through some of the coating with the Autosol chemicals and polishing. However, this totally beats having a scratched screen or buying a new watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes