Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up instructions for new fitbit on existing app on old phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a new fitbit charge 4 to replace my old charge 4 which is broken.  I already have the fitbit app on the same cellphone I have been using with the old fitbit.  I need to get setup instructions, since the app just seems to be reconnecting to old fitbit.  HELP  Mobile syncing device is Apple iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Logged into the same Fitbit account you had been using, on phone app from Today screen:

Profile pic (circle at top left) > Set up a Device > Charge 4

It will say note you already have a Charge 4 and ask if you want to replace it; say Yes, and continue the dialog.  It will do all the background work of removing old tracker and replacing with new one, and your data should continue to be logged with only break being since last one broke.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Logged into the same Fitbit account you had been using, on phone app from Today screen:

Profile pic (circle at top left) > Set up a Device > Charge 4

It will say note you already have a Charge 4 and ask if you want to replace it; say Yes, and continue the dialog.  It will do all the background work of removing old tracker and replacing with new one, and your data should continue to be logged with only break being since last one broke.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for thorough instructions

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes