Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weather is very slow to update/sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the weather app sync so infrequently? iPhone 8 Plus, Windows based PC.

HR weather.JPG

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So here was the fix after playing around with it.  I went to the "weather app", and in addition to "current location", I added the city where I live.  Fixed immediately after doing so!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

now at 10 hours.  looks the same just says 10 hours now instead of 5.  What's going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having a similar issue with mine after I disabled all day sync and always connected in an attempt to save battery life.

Turns out, all day sync appears to be what was killing the battery in short order. (At 60% after one day of use.)

If you keep "always connected" and "keep-alive widget" enabled and leave it where you have to manually sync you'll see little battery effect and the weather app will update far more frequently. I haven't seen it with information even an hour old after that.

Now if battery life isn't an issue and you plan on charging it daily, keep "all day sync" on as well and you'll rarely see old weather information and it'll almost always be current.

I own the Fitbit Charge 3 and Aria 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have disabled "all-day sync", but how do you keep "always connected" and "keep-alive widget" enabled?  Not sure where to find those options.  Thank you kindly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

now it says this and I did sync it, so frustrating...IMG_E1410.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cant_slow_down wrote:

I have disabled "all-day sync", but how do you keep "always connected" and "keep-alive widget" enabled?  Not sure where to find those options.  Thank you kindly.

Okay, so I just noticed that iOS is missing some options. On Android, you're given the two other options. As far as "always connected" is concerned, just make sure that your Charge 3 stays connected via bluetooth all the time. The "keep-alive widget" isn't an option on iOS, I assume because Apple limits the functionality of 3rd party devices. (So don't worry about that option.)

To address that issue you're seeing with your Charge 3 telling you to sync, try restarting your Charge 3 and your iPhone, then sync them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, I do have an iPhone 8 plus as stated in my original post.  I have restarted my phone, restarted the HR 3.  I have enabled "all day sync" and have location services turned on "location services, always for AccuWeather" and it is connected via Bluetooth on my phone.  I thank you for your suggestions and welcome any further ones from yourself and/or others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The "no weather data available" was the screen I was getting when I turned off all of the automatic connections. I would contact Fitbit Support directly... It might be a known issue with iOS. I have both devices, but I keep my Fitbit paired with my Samsung Galaxy S9. After reading your issue, I went into the iOS app and noticed there are definitely less options. A quick search showed that Apple blocks some features (and keeps them exclusive to the Apple Watch) that Android allows Fitbit to do. I wouldn't expect the Weather app to be one of those and it's more than likely a bug that will be patched at some point. But I would make sure that Fitbit Support knows about it.

Best Answer

Thanks a bunch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here was the fix after playing around with it.  I went to the "weather app", and in addition to "current location", I added the city where I live.  Fixed immediately after doing so!

Best Answer

I have same issue - iPhone 7Plus and Charge 3.  Weather won’t update until I open app on my phone and sync. Useless!

Best Answer

technically, this isn't solved and I have a case open with Fitbit tech support. It will only allow me to add specific cities and it will update, when I select current location - nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iphone8 plus and Charge 3 and am having the exact same issue with the weather app.  It won't sync unless I open the fitbit app and sync manually which I agree is useless.  Yesterday my fitbit died for no reason and couldn't turn it on. Spoke to support and they got it working finally but it was acting strangely. I wonder if these problems are related.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I too have the iPhone 8+ and Charge 3.  I have set up the 2 allowed locations, have all day sync enabled and have manually synced (repeatedly) and still don't get the weather to sync.  It worked once, sort of, then hasn't since. Restarted both and still no luck. 😞

Best Answer

I have to go through hurdles to have it update...aka restarting my phone, opening and closing the fitbit app or deleting the fitbit app and reinstalling. All day sync seems to do nothing.   It's driving me batty.  

Best Answer

Hi! I keep my "all day sync" on and have found that I only need to charge my Charge 3 every seven days, as advertised. I have a problem wth the weather & the sleep app. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading this, I did the same thing and it seems to be working. Lets hope that was the issue! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same issue.iphone 8.

dont know why it says the issue has been ‘solved’ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I synch my charge 3 weather with my I phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes