Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I suddenly must log in everytime

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently, I now need to log in with every opening of the FitBit Appliction on my laptop.  For years before, it remebered my user name and password.  Now I must enter both every time.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Exactly the same problem started 2 days ago. It now tells me there is more than 1 Fitbit when I try to connect and I've made sure there isn't another one within 100m!

Best Answer

@jjpdx wrote:

Recently, I now need to log in with every opening of the FitBit Appliction on my laptop.  For years before, it remebered my user name and password.  Now I must enter both every time.

why people didn't read the forum before creating a new message for an already noticed problem ?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/More-Than-One-Tracker-Found-Error/m-p/1122976/h...

Best Answer

@jjpdx wrote:

@jjpdx Are we posting about Fitbit Connect or the web Fitbit.com on your browser. ?

@SunsetRunner @TGJ

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

web Fitbit.com on my browser

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TGJ wrote:

web Fitbit.com on my browser

@TGJ All I can do is offer some help. I have just had the Fitbit Connect auto update and nothing has changed, all of my browsers are set to auto logon

I'm using Windows 7 on two computers and Firefox is my primary browser. Because I have multiple Fitbit accounts I also use Chrome, Safari, Pale Moon, Opera, Sea Monkey, IE11 and Avant.

All of these auto logon so all I can suggest is clearing your browser cache.

Here is a link to the web on "How to clear most browsers"....

I trust this may help..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the issue with the dashboard/browser. But after the last "Fitbit Connect" application upgrade (running on Windows 7), I noticed that when I sync it says "Searching for Tracker"... as it did before, but now I get "More than one tracker found". No other tracker is around. And it asked me to login every time now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I gave the wrong answer last time - it is the "Fitbit Connect" on my PC that gives me the issue - exactly the same as yours.
i.e.

* After the last "Fitbit Connect" application upgrade.

* I run Windows 7

* When I sync it says "Searching for Tracker"

* Now I get "More than one tracker found".

* No other tracker is around.

* It asked me to login every time now.

Trevor John

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error here just started a few days ago. I called customer support and the person on the other end of the line hadn't heard of this error before.  It seems like she should have been notified that this is a known issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly- it says "More than 1 tracker found". No other trackers around!!

John Jordan

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly!  More than 1 tracker found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem now, for 2 days. It is really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here since about 2 days ago. I'm on a MacBook Pro running the latest OS. Very frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes