Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change my calorie goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I change my calorie goal on Inspire 2, it defaults back to 1290. WHO CAN LIVE ON 1290 calories a day?! It used to be 1300 now it won’t go past 1290. 1500 will still keep me losing weight, but I can’t edit my food goals. Help! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @TMathews to change your calorie goal from the opening screen of the at the very bottom right you will see “You”.  Click on that.  Under Goals you will find “Nutrition” and on the nutrition screen click on “Food”.  Use the + or - to update your calorie goal.  When you go back to the previous screen you should see the goal updated.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @TMathews to change your calorie goal from the opening screen of the at the very bottom right you will see “You”.  Click on that.  Under Goals you will find “Nutrition” and on the nutrition screen click on “Food”.  Use the + or - to update your calorie goal.  When you go back to the previous screen you should see the goal updated.

Best Answer

Thank you for responding, but I did that…the problem is it does not stay to my new number. As I mentioned initially, when I change the number it defaults back. Thanks anyway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @TMathews , yes, I noticed that you said it reverts.  However, I checked this myself this morning to make sure that my changes stuck, and they definitely do.  I have checked on both iOS and Android and also I have not noted others reporting this.  So this is not a general app bug but must have something to do with your set up.  So if you are definitely changing your calorie goal in the You tab under Nutrition then it may be that a bug has crept into your version of the app.  In this case I would suggest deleting the app and reinstalling it.  You won’t lose any data doing this, but do make sure you know the email address you use for Fitbit and your password so that you can log back in.

Also, do you have your Fitbit app connected to a third party app (for example MyFitnessPal or similar) that might be sending data to Fitbit and possibly overwriting the changes you make in Fitbit?  In that case you might need to change your goal on the connected app as well.  Just a thought - I have not tried MFP or other connected apps for weight loss, but I know sometimes the data don’t always play well together.

Good luck! Let us know if either of these suggestions help you to get to the bottom of your issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes