Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into my Fitbit account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to sync my Fitbit Inspire, I have to sign in & the app won't let me. I've changed my Password & still won't open

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@justjannie Thanks for the details provided. 

Please note as of October 13, 2022 Fitbit discontinued the Fitbit Connect for computers. You'll need a compatible phone or tablet.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @justjannie. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit account before reaching out. 

To better assist you, may I know if you're using an Android or iOS device?

In the meantime, I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is enabled. Then, force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. After that, try to log in again. 

If the issue persists, I'd like to know if you've tried to use another device to log in or a different WiFi? If the issue persists, try to force stop the Fitbit app on your phone: Settings > Applications > find the app > select it > select Force stop. 

You can confirm the steps to reset your password at How do I reset my Fitbit password?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @justjannie , please could you clarify what you mean by the app won’t let you sign in?  Does it reject your email or password?  What error message if any do you receive, or does it just spin and not open?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
when I go to the Fitbit icon on my taskbar to sync my Fitbit (Inspire) a box pops up, Welcome to Fitbit, already have an account? Log In.when I try to log in, I put my e-mail & password in. That's where I have the problem. another box pops up & says Authorization Failed. What do I do now?? sorry this is on my laptop at home
Best Answer
0 Votes

@justjannie Thanks for the details provided. 

Please note as of October 13, 2022 Fitbit discontinued the Fitbit Connect for computers. You'll need a compatible phone or tablet.

Best Answer

Just a suggestion, I've had this happen to me on occasion with my Inspire 2.  What I have done when all else fails is just uninstall the Fitbit app off my phone & reinstall it.  It will then allow me to sign in.  So far it's worked every time.

Best Answer
It's not my phone I'm having the problem with, it's my home computer, this morning I uninstalled the app and then I couldn't load it up again. I've been using my phone to get my Data from the day before, so I'll just live with it for the time being.Thank you
Best Answer
AHHH, thank you, wonder why it took them so long to stop using the computer, it only happened this week that I couldn't log in with my computer
Best Answer