Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stop exercise tracking on Inspire 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the watch it's tracking an activity that I can't stop or get out of.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody,

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback about Fitbit Inspire 2. If you keep having issues with Inspire 2 display after these steps, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Janejenks, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if you experience this situation for the first time? Which activity were you recording? Please restart your Inspire 2 and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue yesterday for the first time. I was tracking pilates exercise and it wouldn't stop. When pressing buttons, screen kept defaulting to DND, sleep, etc. Finally stopped when i restarted device.

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue with my new Inspire2. I can start timers or tracking but cant get it to stop. At random the Pause button will come up but when I tap it to Finish it goes on anyway. Right now I am stuck with an exercise timer running. Several days ago I wanted to set a stopwatch and it kept running without my repeated attempts to stop it. I set an alarm in error for 45 hours instead of 45 minutes and couldn't stop it, I had to wait until the alarm ran out. 

Also another unrelated bug, my Water Lock button keeps relocking after I've unlocked it.

Note to Support: I have already restarted my Fitbit and still have the same issues.

Best Answer

Same issue today when I tracked an exercise. Won't stop until I put the device back on the charger and restart.  This can't be the only solution, I hope.

Best Answer

Same problem.  It keeps directing me to press the side buttons and those just take me to the side button menu.  I can't even figure out how to get to settings in order to reboot.  Uh, how do we get updates to this thing?

Best Answer

I have exact same issue. Restart is not an option every time I use exercise tracking. 

Best Answer

Same issue on an Inspire 2 just bought 4 days ago. After restart the steps were there but the exercise info was gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me as well and I managed to stop the exercise by holding the side buttons until I get to the Finish button which completed my non-workout... quite badly designed I think. More on this https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1935.htm#:~:text=To%20end%20the%20workout%2C%20p....

Best Answer

I’m experiencing this in walk and run— it’s very frustrating. Randomly finally stops. Although today it stopped in the middle of the walk and I didn’t touch the screen. Right now it’s pretty useless. Also the smart track said I was riding a bike when I was mowing my lawn. When I did ride my bike it put it as an intense activity. At least my old Fitbit one tracked my leg movement as steps when I rode a bike🤪

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Inspire 2. Have had trouble stopping exercise since I was given it Xmas 2020. On the elliptical when I’m done it takes several minutes/attempts to get it to stop when pushing the side buttons. I did a body pump workout today for an hour, started tracking it. Finished the hour long class couldn’t stop tracking. Got home mowed my lawn, still couldn’t stop it. Finally did after an hour and a half. My stats are totally blown after every exercise. Yes, I’ve rebooted it numerous times and restarted it too. Is it a heat or sweat thing?? It’s frustrating. 

Best Answer

I would get to the Finish button too, but couldn't actually Finish the activity. Kept going to the DND or Waterlock Tiles. Ughhhhhh...

Best Answer
I think I’ve figured out some of the issue — when we exercise we sweat — it seems the more sweat under the wrist band, the worse the issue is. I’ve tried drying under the device and my arm, as well as the fingers I’m trying to navigate the device with. I use lotion on my arms and I’ve also thought that might hinder the device — I don’t know, but it seems to have gotten better the more I’ve had it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with new Inspire 2.  I have called tech support and they can't suggest anything that works either.  I can start the exercise (I swim and use treadmill) but can't get it to stop.  Pushing buttons as directed only takes me to the water lock, DND menu.   Driving me crazy

Best Answer

It is maddening. Especially since the whole idea is to track, start and stop. I haven’t found anything that works to fix it. I constantly have water lock pop up if I accidentally touch the screen or turn on DND without realizing it. 😒

Best Answer

I have a similar issue, it will take 20+ tried clicking the side buttons to stop an exercise.  With runs or anything pace oriented this will ruin the stats of the workout which can then make it hard to track and progress down the line.  

Best Answer
I think sweat is the issue — dry off under the band toward the end of the run and see if it helps, or take off the band near the end, so it isn’t in contact with your sweat. That seems to have helped get mine to stop the exercise more consistently.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Really, at the end of a swim this is not very practical. It requires climbing out of the pool, walking to a towel, drying the unit & wrist then finishing the workout. Doesn’t say much for accurate timing & was never required iuding the original Inspire.

The Inspire 2 is just clumsy to use in many ways. Disappointed.

Mamaloon
Best Answer

Hi everybody,

Thanks for sharing your comments and feedback about Fitbit Inspire 2. If you keep having issues with Inspire 2 display after these steps, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started my fit bit in a kick boxing mode this morning and I can't get it out. It keeps logging my time and zone minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes