Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync my Inspire HR with my new Windows 11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New laptop has Windows 11 cannot sync my Inspire HR. Is this an issue that will be fixed?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @colliemom and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but you can't sync with Windows 11.  The Inspire HR was one of the last Fitbits designed to set up and sync with the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  All of the current devices are designed for compatible Android and Apple phones and tablets.  Fitbit has been moving away from computer syncing for some time now.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to sync with Windows 11.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @colliemom 

I’m hoping I can point you in the right direction. Look at this post here and follow the steps provided by the moderator here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Windows-10-App/Fitbit-Inspire-HR-syncing/td-p/3422429 I understand the post is dated 2019 and involves a Windows 10 but the troubleshooting tips and solution remains the same. 
😃 I’m hoping this helps and answers your syncing issue. Please let me know if it helped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @colliemom and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but you can't sync with Windows 11.  The Inspire HR was one of the last Fitbits designed to set up and sync with the Fitbit app for Windows 10.  All of the current devices are designed for compatible Android and Apple phones and tablets.  Fitbit has been moving away from computer syncing for some time now.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no plans to sync with Windows 11.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

What a shame that the decision is to move away from computer syncing is in the works. It seems to isolate individuals who prefer computers. With that said @colliemom  I hope you have a mobile device you can connect to your Inspire HR. 😉

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your answers and help.  I was able to set up and sync on my Ipad.  I tried my Kindle first and still working on that but Ipad has my updated info for the day. But can't find my badges or any history, will keep looking. When your laptop just dies and you have to start over it is a pain!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @colliemom 

I’m super happy you had an iPad to get your Fitbit Inspire HR up and running on. I have mine set on on my iPad as well and I can only imagine having to start over if it up and died. Not a pleasant thought. I’m wondering why your history and badges are not showing on your iPad. You mentioned that your Inspire HR is also set up on your Kindle and apparently looks fine there. I’m wondering if just logging out of the Fitbit App, restarting your iPad would resolve that. Of course the issue could be that because your uploading and updating lots of stuff at the moment to get your iPad back up to snuff that’s it’s just taking a bit longer because your iPad working hard at the moment. Does your badges and trophies show here on your Dashboard? If so maybe you just need to sync a few more times. But do keep in mind….you mentioned you have your Inspire HR currently running on your Kindle as well. Having your Fitbit connected to two devices at once can certainly cause conflicts. Try turning off your kindle and sync to your iPad to see if your badges appear 
😃Let me know how things go. I’ll be around if you need help after you completely get your iPad up and going.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your suggestions and concern....I did find all my history and badges  on my Ipad now. Just needed to look a little further for info. Ipad is all set, the kindle is updating from Ipad and now working on the new laptop. My inspire HR wants to do an update but waiting...don't need another issue today:-)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg I totally get wanting to wait on the Inspire HR update 🤣….getting an iPad up and running again from complete death is painful enough for one day. I’m super happy you found your history and badges. If you run into trouble during the Fitbit update just let me know and I’ll do my best to help out. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and as always Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer

@colliemom   Even though you can't sync with your new laptop, you should still be able to see your main tiles on your web dashboard at fitbit.com -- if you want the larger screen.   You won't get all of the information that is available on the mobile app.  Neither the web dashboard nor the Fitbit App for Windows 10 give you your sleep score -- a feature that was released in 2019.  The Health Metrics are also only on the mobile app.  The Inspire HR provides some, but not all of the Health Metrics.  The Inspire HR was one of the last Fitbits to award active minutes.  All current Fitbits award active zone minutes.  Zone minutes aren't on the web dashboard.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Yes... Google can't track you adequately on a Windows device, hence forced to use an Android or Apple app (with Location turned on of course.)

Best Answer
0 Votes