Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger won’t attach to Inspire 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot charge my Inspire 2 because the charger will no longer attach itself to the device. I have tried cleaning the prongs as well as where it attaches to the Fitbit. I have tried to attach while the cord was plugged in and not plugged into the wall. Nothing works. 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Wag522 It's great to have you here! 

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. This is rather odd, still I noticed that you already have a ticket with our Support team so work with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro (or anyone else who can help)

I'm having the same issue with my Inspire 2. The charger won't attach itself to the device; it's as though there's no magnetic connection at all, they're just separate and unrelated pieces of plastic/metal. Could you advise on what I should do??

Thanks!

Best Answer
I probably won’t be much help. My problem ended up being that my son had his inspire 1 charger in the same drawer as my charger. The chargers are definitely not interchangeable! Since I had only had my device for about a week I had no clue I was using the wrong one!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MichiganUser. Thank you for the update, @Wag522.

@Wag522 I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing your solution as it may help other members. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users!

@MichiganUser Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and recommend confirming the steps to charge your tracker in How do I charge my Fitbit device? If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my gosh. First, thank you both so much. Second, I couldn't feel dumber. I'd been through all the help windows (I thought) and tried all the steps (I thought) and when I saw your message @LiliyaFitbit I thought "of cousre I've read the steps but ok i'll do it one more time", and do you know what....I saw how it said to really "push" the fitbit into the Inspire 2 charger and thougth, "I guess I didn't *push* it, I expected it to just sort of snap on like with my other fitbit," but it turns out that was a Inspire 1 -- and pushing on it a little harder than I had been worked.

Long story short--I'm very silly, you are very helpful, and thank you!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @MichiganUser.

This is great news! Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear you're back on track. I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, it worked fine then all of a sudden the charger will not stay attached to the Fitbit inspire 2, I have to put a rubber band around it to hold it in place, which only works sometimes.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It is brand new first time to charge and the battery charger does not attach in any way to the Inspire 2. Any advice short of returning it?

Best Answer

Please disregard my issue has been resolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes