Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracks when it goes above a certain temperature

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I was considering buying the Fitbit Inspire HR for my mother but I’m a bit concerned about the screen. According to reviews on the charge 2 hr the screen cracks when it goes above a certain temperature (I believe at about 30degrees) so I was wondering if there was any such problem with the Fitbit inspire hr as she often goes on holiday and the temperature easily exceed this. 

Thanks

nas

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As far as I'm aware the screen cover on the Inspire/HR is plastic. It certainly is on my Inspire, so I would assume the HR version to be the same?

According to the user manual the device has an operating temperature window of -10° to 45°C (14° to 113°F).

IMG_20190317_111158.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Nasg and welcome to the forums.  I believe the Inspire/Inspire HR have Gorilla Glass face, different from the Charge 2.  The specs give an operating temperature up to 45C. 

I'm confident the Charge 2 cracking was more isolated than it seems from posts on the forum.  I would have gone through a Charge 2 a day for much of my summer.

Update 3/18:  Sorry that I was incorrect about the screen material.  After much searching, a review on ZD Net called it a glossy plastic screen.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

As far as I'm aware the screen cover on the Inspire/HR is plastic. It certainly is on my Inspire, so I would assume the HR version to be the same?

According to the user manual the device has an operating temperature window of -10° to 45°C (14° to 113°F).

IMG_20190317_111158.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I live in Australia and though I am in the South we have plenty days WELL over 30 degrees and none of my fitbits have cracked a screen, either gorilla glass or plastic!

And, yes, the HR screen is plastic.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer