Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in sleep insights on app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched from the Alta to the Inspire HR. For some reason, I can see how much sleep I got on the device, but it’s hours before the sleep insights show up on the app (I try syncing, to no effect). For example, right now I’ve been  awake since 6 a.m., and theInspire screensays I slept 6 hours, 8 minutes, but the app still shows the “How did you sleep?”  All week, I’ve noticed the sleep insights not appearing until way late in the day. I have sleep tracking turned on. Any way I can speed this up? With the Alta, Icould get sleep insights right away, upon waking & syncing. Thanks!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A warm welcome to the Community @Wanderwoman25. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting you've tried. 

I'm glad to hear that you switched from Alta to Inspire HR. I would like you to turn off sleep insights, log out from your app and then force quit it. After this, please turn them on again and continue checking how often you get them. 

Additionally, please make sure you have the latest app version

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

I tried all the tips you suggested, but there is still a delay between syncing and when the information appears in the dashboard. Same issue today—I opened the app, synced, but the device showed 3,000 steps, while the app still said 47. It takes over an hour for the app to “catch up.” I tried turning off/on phone, updating the app, logging out & logging back in. Help would be appreciated.

Amber
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Wanderwoman25. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. Your sleep insights are generated using your sleep data. However, insights aren't expected to be received every night but the more you log sleep the more insights you'll receive. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi i recently changed from the flex to the inspire and it is not tracking my sleep while my flex always did

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sylvia,

I'm not talking about sleep insights. I'm talking about all data. There is a long delay (over an hour), before data shows up on the FitBit App. For example, right now, my phone shows 11,000+ steps, but after syncing, the app still shows 3,000 steps. I synced multiple times, but still the actual correct number of steps won't show up for some time. The alta synced instantly. If I can't figure out the reason for this delay, I may just return this--the alta worked much better! Any troubleshooting tips to make the app actually sync? Thanks.

Amber
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @cathmul. I appreciate the details mentioned. 

I would like you to make sure that you're wearing your device higher on your wrist about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone, the band should feel secure but not too tight and change the sleep sensitivity. You can try restarting it too. 

Thanks for getting back @Wanderwoman25. Sorry for the misunderstanding, it's pretty weird that all your data isn't syncing right after your Inspire connects to your account. I would like you to restart your Inspire HR unlink it from your account and then pair it again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes