Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Inspire HR provide estimated oxygen levels?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR tracks the basic sleep function since I don't pay for premium. The graph for estimated oxygen variation has been blank since I got it, around 10 days ago. Is the HR supposed to provide this?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Estimated oxygen variation was released to a small % of users, strictly on a test basis with, no documentation.  Hopefully it will be released to all users but no concrete information on that yet.  There's nothing anyone can do to get it sooner, or prevent its being taken back if you had it.  The only thing to do now is to wait, and be thankful you were one f the few if you did have it for a while.

Apr 24, 2020 edited to add:

All user with appropriate hardware device have had it for a while.  If you don't have it, I don't know why.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

We are supposed to get it but I have the same experience as you, a blank graph. It sounds like they rolled it out to more people but it seems that I'm not one of them. Looking forward to getting this feature - I check almost daily to see if my graph has updated! 

Best Answer

I have an Inspire HR too -- and see the graph, but it is blank. I read somewhere that the HR won't be able to monitor this?? 

Best Answer

I’ve read that the Inspire HR doesn’t have it. Seems silly to put on our app. Maybe they want us to buy a new Fitbit. Boo!

Best Answer

If the hardware can actually do the measurement, it would be really nice if you guys opened up this data, since it is such an important indicator for Covad-19. Please consider doing this.

I guess the other question is whether it's possible to measure at other times besides sleeping, like during exercise. That would be great!

Best Answer

Does our Inspire HR even have the infrared monitor built in so that our oxygen variation can be calculated....??

Best Answer

I heard that as well.  Basically the HR is too inexpensive, shall we say?, to warrant such an advanced feature.  So advanced that no one has it.  Way to go Fitbit, overshoot by a mile.  Tease us with a really neat gadget that would be so very helpful to so many, an O2 sensor, then don't activate it.  My next gadget will not be Fitbit, trust me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts exactly!!  Add the graph to everyone's Fitbit but do not activate it.  What marketing genius thought of that?  See what you can get if you pay more?  HA!  Other similar devices offer all that and more, for less.  Fitbit was my first entry into the fitness device market.  It will not be my last device, only my first and last Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Good question.  Why would they bother to put the graph on everyone's device if it will only be activated (when, who knows?) on certain, more expensive models.  From what I've read it's on all of them, and the graph is blank on all of them.  Roll out the tease and let them wait, build up expectations, then hit 'em with the price.  See how many of us stick around for that.

Best Answer

I messaged them to ask because I also had the blank graph and kept checking for an update. They said no, the Inspire HR doesn't do this. Pretty frustrating to give us a blank graph that will never be filled in!

Best Answer

Obviously the Inspire HR is the "peasant model" with just the basics.  Pay more to get more.  O2 sensors were not even an idea when I purchased mine.  And yes it too has a blank graph to a great addition that I'll never see.  Then why the tease with the graph if it'll never work on mine? 

Fitbit needs to step up their game.  Give us proper customer support who actually know what the product in question does and will not do.  RESPOND!!  When I ask a question regarding my device, answer me.  And don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.  Fitbit is a factory of B.S. who just happen to have a very nice device.  If only it had a better company...

Best Answer