Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the inspire hr have wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the inspire hr have wifi and how does it compare to the versa and versa lite?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@BlackBeauty1990 None of the Fitbits have WiFi, that I am aware of.  They connect to your phone or another device (e.g. laptop, tablet) via Bluetooth.

You can compare the devices here, but the main difference I see is that the Versa family is more like a watch (physically) while the Inspire is more of a tracker band (size is in between the Charge and the Flex).  The device capabilities are similar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. If my phone isn't on the compatible list will the bluetooth connectivity be spotty? I thought the usb could've been used to connect the fitbit to my windows 10 laptop.

I've been reading about the inspire hr having bad battery life

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlackBeauty1990   The Inspire HR does not have wi-fi.  The wi-fi connectivity is primarily used for firmware updates and (I could be wrong about this part) transferring music.  All syncing of data is done via Bluetooth.  The Versa has wi-fi.  The Versa Lite does not.  The Inspire HR cannot store music as it does not have wi-fi.

Most of us who have looked at these devices see the Inspire HR as the evolution of the Alta HR.  It doesn't have some of the apps of the Versa and Versa Lite.  If you go to the Fitbit Store, you can compare trackers and features.  If you exercise outside, I think the Versa/Versa Lite screens are easier to read in sunlight.  The font on the Inspire HR is a little small.  Some users have complained about the small font size of the Inspire HR.

Please look at the list of compatible devices.  Sometimes is is more than spotty Bluetooth, especially with some Android users.  There are a couple Android phones where the Bluetooth is completely incompatible.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the detailed response. I've read about those issues with the inspire hr and I've read that the battery life isn't good. Currently i have a LG V20 and it's not on the list of compatible devices but my laptop is Windows 10 so it should work fine. Also, is it best to buy the fitbit directly from the fitbit website or best buy because I've read about users buying their fitbit from best buy and other retailers and when issues arise it's hard to get help from fitbit customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes