Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is tracking calories when I’m not wearing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I charge my Fitbit for the night and I wake up in the morning it says I burned 600 cals even though I wasn’t wearing it. I can’t find anything on how to shut it off so it doesn’t do that.

I’m also having trouble with the Fitbit not correctly tracking my calories when I’m working out and doing something other than cardio.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think you may not be taking into account your BMR calories.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning is the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I think you may not be taking into account your BMR calories.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you are seeing in the morning is the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

Best Answer

You say that I should take into account the BMR. How can it track BMR when you’re NOT wearing it!!!

Best Answer

@AnswerMeThis the rate at which you burn BMR calories does not vary with how active you are. They burn at a constant rate that's calculated from your gender, age, height and weight. So, they can be calculated whether you are wearing the fitbit or not.

Best Answer
Okay, I guess I’m a little confused or dumb or both because I still don’t
see how it can track calories when it’s not being worn. The calories are
different everyday and it has to have something to make it do that.
--
"The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him,
He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you."

2 Chronicles 15:2b
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's probably that I'm not explaining it very well. Try googling BMR calories and it may help you understand.

Best Answer

Thank you for that explanation because my Fitbit shows 365 When not wearing it so yes I was confused too. Soo.. do I count these calories in addition to what I burn for the rest of the day? Thank you. L

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are you yelling lmao 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you guys find the calorie counting to be accurate or is it wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please,

Is there any way to seperate BMR calories from actual calories burnt through workout? So that I can calculate how much calories I actually burnt through exercise

Best Answer

How accurate is the BMR reading that I wake up to? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the rate at which you burn BMR calories does not vary with how active you are. They burn at a constant rate that's calculated from your gender, age, height and weight. So, they can be calculated whether you are wearing the fitbit or not.

Best Answer

Yep!  Subtract your BMR from whatever calories you burned during your workout.  My BMR for my height and weight is about 1 calorie per minute, or 60 an hour.  So if I work out for 1 hour and it says I burned 500 calories, I only count 440 of those as extra burned calories because at rest I would have burned 60.  So I earned an extra 440 calories that I can either eat back or count as a deficit or somewhere in between. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Im new to Fitbit my watch says I’ve burned 1437 calories, today I only had 11 active minutes and 5667 steps I know about the BMR however I don’t know we’re my BMR is or how I find it and when I go into calories it’s showing I burned 1353 calories in august when I only bought the watch In December how do I make sense of the calories please 

Best Answer
0 Votes