Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail notifications are not coming through my Inspire HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried for years to get gmail notifications on my Inspire HR but have never got it working after following all the instructions, Could the problem be that I have a Google enterprise account? Grateful for any advice.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @masonjda1. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided, it's sad to hear that you have not yet been able to receive gmail notifications on your Inspire HR despite following all instructions. I'll do my best to help you with this. 

As a first approach, please note that you can choose 1 app per category. The most common apps for these features are:

• Calls—Dialer
  • Text messages—Messages
  • Calendar events—Calendar
  • Emails—Gmail

However, for "Emails" section you can only select your primary text messaging app (that can be Gmail, your phone's default email app or any other). Nevertheless, in "App Notifications" section you can select more apps, for example if you decided that for your primary Email app you want it to be Gmail, in App Notifications you can enable other email apps.

With the above being said, know that Gmail notifications come as an App Notification, so please make sure you've tried the following:

• On your phone:  Go to your phone Settings > Gmail > Notifications.  Toggle it to On.
  • Nothing will happen until you get an email.
  • On your Fitbit app: From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap the devices icon > your device > Notifications > App notification 

• Like I wrote, Gmail won't appear on this list until you receive a notification
  • Toggle it to your App Notification list
  • Sync your device
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes