Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you updated your Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am just trying to get a feel whether this update is causing a lot of problems and I know most people do not post when they do not have any problems. I just received the notice on the Fitbit app that a firmware update was available and checked this forum to see if there was any information on the update or if anyone was having issues. I came across the post "Inspire 2 Firmware Update Causing Battery Issues" and there has been several people with issues.

This update (version 1.124.76) is supposed to fix a critical security update so I would like to install it but wanted to hear from other users experience whether the update was good or bad before I install it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65
Actually I did post that my watch face no longer works but the device is
still syncing stats to the app on my phone.
Best Answer
If your Fitbit is still syncing but you don’t have a watch face then I think you can fix it by downloading a new watch face in the app.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,
I tried your suggestion 2 times. It went through the motions and the
'update line' showed on the watch screen but still no regular display.
Strange. Thanks for the suggestion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that solution with two different app faces.  No Luck.  After update, the only visual on the watch was the 🙂 face when I rebooted.  My watch screen remains black.

Lucky you!

Best Answer

I updated on 17th August. Now no Sleep, Heart Rate, Floors or auto exercise recognition. I have been unable to contact Fitbit, but the number of recent problems notified in various streams points to a disaster update. Fitbit really should investigate and provide a remedial update. Luckily my old Charge 2 is working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it won't update and have tried everything

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I foolishly did the update without checking here first 😫 My screen now disappears every 2 days or so but comes back when I charge it - I used to go over a week without having to charge it (one of the things I liked about my Inspire 2 - no more!). It discharges down to 4 or 5% and no longer notifies me when the battery is low & needs charging. And the tracking is now bizarre - I apparently did over 31,000 steps within 10 minutes of waking this morning and lost all my sleep info.

Is there a way to reset the Inspire 2? My old Fitbit had a button on the charging cable to reboot it but I can't seem to locate anything similar for the Inspire 2. I'm wondering if a reset would help things.

Best Answer
You can reset. Suggest looking at some of the other streams. I saw a reply on one of them that detailed how.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - I found it buried in a reply. I reset it both with the button on the side and on settings screen of the fitbit (it finally charged enough that I can see the screen again). Now we'll have to see over the next few days if that makes any difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have tried everything, still won't update

Best Answer

Contacted customer service.....they are making me return this for a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, Bob. Yes, I updated the firmware to 124.76 last night on August 30. However, it seemed to get rid of sleep, water intake, weight, and days of activity.  It wasn't until this morning when I synced my Inspire 2 with the app that they showed up again.  The update was good. 

Go to Settings, scroll down to Reboot, and reboot. That works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Bob, I'm a few days in now and my Inspire seems fine, all tracking metrics working as before, battery life seems the same. Thanks for starting the topic, useful to see how varied everyone's experience is!

Best Answer

I update and my watch black also. I contacted Fitbit with no resolve.  Problem was escalated but have heard nothing yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are many different issues frequently when there are many hardware varieties of components installed device firmware configurations in the wild. I am sure that is the case with the Inspire 2.  Thank you for your clear inquiry including specifics of which version.  I was notified to update to inspire 2 firmware VERSION 1.124.76 also.  Security on this device may only be the promiscuous nature of the normal Fitbit implementation of Bluetooth. There is no wi-fi or other communication that I know of.  For now I will turn Bluetooth off on my app device unless in a secure location to sync and then back off. Fitbit should but will not allow bluetooth to be turned off on the device 

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated mine last night and wish I hadn't bothered.  Now it wont measure heartbeat and auto exercise doesn't work.  What a disaster.  I have rebooted device but no joy.  Hope Fitbit fixes this very soon.  I'm not impressed at all.

Best Answer

Yes, two reset modes software and physical.  Check the manual, but as I recall scroll to settings at the top window of the inspire 2 select and scroll down to reboot device.  Hold the screen as a rectangle of light is drawn and then a happy face appears to indicate reboot complete. A more full reboot/reset is to place tracker on charge cable, energize the cable and squeeze both side buttons for many seconds until vibration and first hyphen through fifth hyphen.  Remove power to cable and then repower.  Wait for one large and then one smaller happy face upon re-energizing cable.  It has successfully reset, but there are times more than one reset in a row seems to be needed. 

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes

alas have done both the reset on the band and on the charger twice.  Makes no difference at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update - now missing the sleep icon, sleep score, weight and water icons….

Best Answer
0 Votes