Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my email from my Fitbit account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hello.  I am new to the Fitbit forum.  I am trying to switch my Fitbit account but I haven't been able to figure it out. 

I have a previous account on the app and I don't know how to change it to a new account I made. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

if i delete an account from the fitbit app is that deleting the data or will i get to keep that ? i want to keep the data but switch my account. i did a experiment using the fitbit. so now i can use my personal email instead of the email they had. 

but i dont want to get rid of my data. so what can i do ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @stephanie111. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums.

To better assist you with this, would you mind providing more details of the issue? I'd like to know if you indeed created a different account to start from scratch or just updated the email address associated to your current Fitbit account? What do you mean by "I am trying to switch my Fitbit account but I haven't been able to figure it out"? Do you get any error message? Where are you trying to log in? Fitbit app? Fitbit.com dashboard?

In the meantime, please see How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi @stephanie111  sounds like you have two accounts, but only want one. Is that what you're trying to do? Deleting an account will remove the data. I have an old account that still has the data on it from years ago. From what I've read, you can't combine the data from two accounts into a single account. As @MarreFitbit mentioned, more details will help you to get the answers you're looking for.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

i did a experiment by a group. i wore a fitbit and they tracked my data.  so now i want to have a different username but keep my data. i was hoping i wouldnt have to start all over data wise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes