Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new device to an existing account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband has a new FitBit Inspire.  He has only used a FitBit One up to this point.  We want to add the new device to his existing account and we are not seeing how to do this.  He doesn't want to lose all his previous data.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KathiCaw   I'm very sorry, but you were given incorrect information by @WendyB and @SilviaFitbit .  None of the trackers in the Inspire family are compatible with Fitbit Connect.  The Inspire/Inspire HR are compatible with the Fitbit app for Windows 10, but not a Mac.  The Inspire 2 requires a compatible smartphone/tablet.   There is a statement on the box that says that the Inspire 2 requires a compatible Android or iPhone (or iPad), but the print is very tiny.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

This Help section talks about using 2 trackers on same account:

Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

To add the Inspire, on phone app logged into the same account, from Today page, tap profile pic to get to Account page;  then go through 'Set up a Device';  it might ask if you/he want to replace existing device; if so answer No.

As long as one is logged into same account, all data will still be there.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I could do that if he had a cell phone.  We are trying to do it on a Mac computer and I'm stumped!  

Best Answer

For computer you need to download software.

To download software

Set it up

But if you had the One maybe you already have connect installed. If so just open it up and it will walk you through it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

He has an existing account, so the software is there. SHould we uninstall
FitBit and then add it again?

*Zoot! Zoot! Zoot!*
*Kathi*

Let there be peace in the world, and let it begin with me.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KathiCaw   I'm very sorry, but you were given incorrect information by @WendyB and @SilviaFitbit .  None of the trackers in the Inspire family are compatible with Fitbit Connect.  The Inspire/Inspire HR are compatible with the Fitbit app for Windows 10, but not a Mac.  The Inspire 2 requires a compatible smartphone/tablet.   There is a statement on the box that says that the Inspire 2 requires a compatible Android or iPhone (or iPad), but the print is very tiny.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for this. I was getting terribly frustrated. THis should solve
the problem.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

There's no way to answer NO

Best Answer
0 Votes