Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be notified hourly to drink water?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to be notified hourly to drink water. How do I do that? I have a new Inspire 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh, sorry I meant in the fitbit app. Your profile picture should be in the top left corner. (It's a little person icon that's blue because you haven't set a profile picture on your account yet.)  Then It should show a screen with an image of an Inspire 2 fitbit. ( The fitbit shows up below where it has your name and your join date, and below a thing asking if you want to join fitbit premium.) If you click on that, then it should say health and wellness reminders below some buttons to customize your clock faces and apps (if you can't see it, try scrolling down a little- it's right below Notifications and Reminders to move). Then you can choose the option to send reminders to stay hydrated. (arghh It wont let me put any screenshots I'm sorry) I hope this is detailed enough?

Also for changing the weight you inputted, you can also go to your profile by clicking the little icon in the top left corner on the fitbit app, then clicking the thing that has the same icon that you saw in the upper left corner and then your name and your join date. After clicking that, It should take you to your profile, and you can then tap on personal (it has a little blue face thing next to it.) Once you're in personal then tap weight, which is located at the bottom, and you can change the number in there. If you still have any questions, feel free to reply, I'll be happy to try to explain in more detail if I can.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi @Nonni2nine,

Currently, there is no feature that I am aware of for water notifications.  Have you been to the "Feature Suggestions" forum to see if it's been suggested?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

You can turn on notifications to remind you to drink water, but you can't choose what specific times it sends them.

To turn them on, tap your profile picture, then tap your inspire 2. It should be under Notifications I believe, I forgot exactly where. I'll post again saying exactly where they are.

Best Answer

Ok I found it

It's under inspire 2, and then health and wellness reminders. Then you turn on the reminders to stay hydrated. You can't pick a specific time, but it's better than nothing 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I am not a tech genius, and don't even know where to go for my profile picture. I have tried everywhere and hit the Inspire 2 but there was no choice for Health and Wellness reminders. I also want to change the weight that I inputted when I set my device up. Can't even find where to do this. Have a nice Sunday! and thanks again.

Best Answer

Oh, sorry I meant in the fitbit app. Your profile picture should be in the top left corner. (It's a little person icon that's blue because you haven't set a profile picture on your account yet.)  Then It should show a screen with an image of an Inspire 2 fitbit. ( The fitbit shows up below where it has your name and your join date, and below a thing asking if you want to join fitbit premium.) If you click on that, then it should say health and wellness reminders below some buttons to customize your clock faces and apps (if you can't see it, try scrolling down a little- it's right below Notifications and Reminders to move). Then you can choose the option to send reminders to stay hydrated. (arghh It wont let me put any screenshots I'm sorry) I hope this is detailed enough?

Also for changing the weight you inputted, you can also go to your profile by clicking the little icon in the top left corner on the fitbit app, then clicking the thing that has the same icon that you saw in the upper left corner and then your name and your join date. After clicking that, It should take you to your profile, and you can then tap on personal (it has a little blue face thing next to it.) Once you're in personal then tap weight, which is located at the bottom, and you can change the number in there. If you still have any questions, feel free to reply, I'll be happy to try to explain in more detail if I can.

Best Answer

I SO appreciate all the info you have sent to me. I have followed your directions several times and when I hit my profile picture my Account comes up then next I see the clock faces, Apps, how to use, however there is nothing below Reminders to Move. I do not have Premium and maybe THAT is the issue! I did figure out the weight thing. Thank you for your help and input. 

Best Answer

I understand the steps you have presented, however the health and wellness reminder button/link does not appear anywhere on the screen.

Is there another step missing or is my app completely messed up?

Best Answer

Hi Taylor, just jumping on this as I can’t seem to find the health and wellness reminders tab on my inspire 2. I even have a premium subscription. I’ve followed your instructions and can’t find it at all. I can see someone else on the thread has the same issue 😞 

Best Answer

I was able to turn it on before I started my premium trial, so I'm sure it's not that. I think I know what the problem is! did you turn on notifications on your fitbit? That may be why it's not showing the health and wellness reminders. This is the Health and wellness reminders sectionThis is the Health and wellness reminders sectionIt should show underneath Reminders to moveIt should show underneath Reminders to moveI figured out how to add pictures now. I think the step that you guys are missing is turning on notifications. If you click on notifications, you have to enable those and then you should be able to have health and wellness reminders.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have notifications turned on on your inspire 2? That might be why it's not showing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think your app is messed up, I assumed that you had notifications already enabled, but you might not. Try checking to see if those are on and then I think it will show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Taylor, thanks for your advice on this thread. I am so frustrated because I spoke to fitbit on twitter and they said inspire 2 does not have the ability to have health and wellness reminders but this seems to be untrue :S so so confused! 

My notifications are on, my tracker is synced,  and yet I still canot see the option to add health and wellness reminders - wah!

Best Answer

Hi Taylor, I turned on my Fitbit Notifications on my IOS on my cell phone but it STILL does not pull up what you have. WEIRD!! You have gone overboard to help us and I just can't figure this out. Sad. Millions of thanks to you for trying.

Dianne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nonni2nine  I wonder why? Well, I don't know how else to help sadly. Maybe the app isn't updated? but if it is, I have no more ideas. sorry I couldn't help you turn it on 😐

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KatieAnnO I dont know what could be wrong then 😞

also I don't know why they said its not an ability because mine shows it. my only other thing would be to check and see if your tracker and app are updated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks again, for all of your help, Taylor. Hopefully it will sometime resolve itself.

Dianne

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another one with the same issue here. I just don't seem to have the health & wellness reminders page that Taylor kindly posted, and I do have notifications enabled. Very frustrating and disappointing. I may send my back if I can't resolve this 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Taylor, I spoke to Fit Bit customer service today and they told me that Inspire 2 trackers do not have the health and wellness reminders. I told them that you did and got them to look at this forum and they said the only explanation is if you also have other trackers (specifically one of the below). On the fitbit website it says only these devices have the health and wellness trackers:

'Receive reminders on Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic, or Fitbit Versa series that encourage you to form and maintain healthy habits.'

To see if this is true - do you have any of the above aswell as Inspire 2?

Best Answer

My mom happens to have a charge 4, but it has never been connected to my account, so I don't think that had anything to do with the setting showing up for my Inspire 2. That's interesting though, I wonder why I have that setting but I'm apparently not supposed to.乁( •_• )ㄏ *shrugs shoulders*

Best Answer
0 Votes