Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be notified hourly to drink water?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to be notified hourly to drink water. How do I do that? I have a new Inspire 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hmmm, this is so frustrating that even customer service can’t seem to provide a clear answer that is correct! I’m calling them again today. I’ve been pretty disappointed with the Fitbit as it’s also not tracking sleep properly (for example last nights it said I only slept 1hour and tonight it said I woke up 3 hours before I actually did :() 

Best Answer

I just spoke to customer service again and told them that you do not have another device and they are still saying inspire 2 does not have health and wellness reminders!! I wonder why you have it then 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Katie,

I also am disappointed with the sleep tracking. They never get it right on mine either. I've given up on the water notification thing. I am just going to use it for my steps, and at this point I am wondering if even that is correct!!

Dianne

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if the Reminders are an Android vs iOS thing?  Or related to the firmware version on the tracker?  I just noticed one of the people saying they don't have them mentioned iOS.  I have them on Android and the Inspire 2 is the only device linked to my account.  I did have an Alta HR previously, but those settings weren't available for it so that's not where they're coming from - besides, they're under the Inspire 2 specific section of the App.  Firmware on my tracker is 53.20001.98.16 if you want to compare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I said this to them and they said those with Inspire 2 do not get health and wellness reminders - I even said is it because I have an iphone vs android - really really frustrating! I have the same firmware as you also 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it probably is an iphone vs android thing because I have android and I can see it and so does @Victoria7500 but you can't see it, and the only thing you don't have in common is that you have an iphone. I don't know why they refuse to say that it is a feature though because clearly it is

Best Answer
0 Votes

It very well could be. It sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing. I am not going to concern myself with  it and just use it for steps and hopefully it is accurate!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. 

Thank you for the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. I appreciate the ones that shared that contacted our Support team. 

The hourly reminders to drink water are part of Health and Wellness reminders, which are features of Fitbit Premium. Please double check that you have activated your 1 year free trial that comes with your Inspire 2. If you have it, confirm that your Fitbit app and phone OS are up-to-date. 

Once the above has been checked, follow this procedure to enable them: 

- In the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image > Health & Wellness Reminders.

- Enable them 

Keep in mind that these reminders are only available to be received on Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa series. However you'll receive them in your Fitbit app. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

thanks for your message. I have done everything you mentioned and yet still no health and wellness section on the app. It literally doesn't show the option to add them as you mentioned :S The only thing it says is 'reminders to move'.

I have premium enabled, I have everything up to date.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Silvia, I have a new Inspire 2, and I just enabled Premium specifically because I'm getting these reminders and I DON'T want them - there are far too many of them, and they keep disrupting me in the middle of work. I also have iOS - pretty sure the iOS version DOESN'T have this setting, since everyone with iOS is saying they can't see the setting, and everyone with Android can. I just reported it via Twitter (seriously, why is there no email option?), but based on everyone else's experiences, I'm not super hopeful. A ticket needs to be opened to get this enabled correctly on iOS, not just Android, as clearly there is a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KatieAnnO @tmoore48 Thanks for the troubleshooting performed. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. New Inspire 2 with premium account and no “health and wellness” section either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checking in on the status of this update. I too have a new Inspire 2 along with a premium account and I do not have the health and wellness option. Searching all over for figuring out why I don’t when I have everything in order according to posts. 

Best Answer

I have an inspire 2 w premium account. Two weeks ago the reminder to hydrate was available as an option. I was happy to enable it. It never worked (like all the other reminders).

Today I tried to troubleshoot reminders and found the hydration reminder no longer exists. 

Please add this feature back! If we have other reminders, we should have this option too. (Although, like I said, none of my reminders ever work even after a restart and app update.) 

Best Answer

Same here!!! Why pay for premium if half the features work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just set alarms on your phone at one hour intervals when you want to be reminded. Set them to vibrate only and for every day of the week. Took me ten minutes. 

Best Answer

Thanks!

I did have this feature last week. Contacted customer service apparently they removed it? Which is odd because it will be there for a few weeks then disappear. Anywhos. I liked the mindfulness and the reminder to drink water features. I will try this and see how it goes! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes