Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up an Inspire HR for a child

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m trying to set up an Inspire HR for a child (11).  X2

It looks like I can only set up a child’s account with an Ace.  Is this correct?

I can’t work out how to create an account for an 11 year old with the inspire hr and add it to my family.  

I’ve  tried adding it to my device / Fitbit account but then I can’t add an info for the child.  

Any my advice?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

We are having the same issue.  I hope someone can help.

Best Answer

The Ace series were designed for children. But your issue is not the first. There were other threads on here from what I ready where you can't have an Inspire or HR on the same account as another watch regardless of the situation. Maybe a Mod can chime in here or maybe I read wrong?

Best Answer
We bought an Inspire HR for our daughter who is 10. I tried to set the Inspire for her but it said I have to set up a “My Family” account for kids. I followed all the steps then the App said to “Setup a kid-compatible tracker now to join the Fitbit fun!” Then it asks “Which Fitbit device are you setting up?” And it gives me 2 options, Ace 2 or Ace. I would like to set it up for an Inspire HR. All I want to do is know how to set up the Inspire HR for my 10 year old daughter.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Because they were not made for kids. I am somewhat sure that  the Ace has features that would make it compliant with child privacy laws and so forth that would allow parents to restrict the features. The Inspire / Inspire HR is designed for adults.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck here? I tried to do the same, but because of his age, it'll only allow an Ace. I have contacted Fitibt, and am waiting for a response.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue - is there a solution ?

Best Answer

Fitbit forces children to use an Ace, lie about their age, or not buy a Fitbit.

ps
If you point this out in a public forum such as this, your post will be deleted by Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue for my 12 year old. Don't want to lie about his age as the whole purpose is to use all the functions that track heart rate etc. 

Come on FitBit! Help! We can't get the device up and running without first linking account. 

Best Answer

Fitbit won't do anything about it. They won't even add a note on the non-Ace pages that the $100+ device is non-functional for children under 13.

Best Answer

Yes, that's what I took away from my conversation with fitbit. 😞

Best Answer

This is really disappointing. I’ve yet to hear back. I don’t really understand why any device couldn’t sit under a parent control through? Doesn’t make any sense? 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

☹️ Indeed. Have a very disappointed birthday boy

Best Answer

I contacted them via FB messenger.  More or less, on kids can only have an Ace. So therefore,  like someone said above, you either get an Ace, or give your kid a fake birth year.

Best Answer

Hmmm that’s not great. Will have to think about returning then and looking at other options. The Ace are far to babyish in design for 12 year olds, and very limited on features. 🤨

Best Answer

I got my 11yr old the Fitbit hr because we need to track his heart rate. I’m super disappointed I can’t add him as a child account and that the Ace doesn’t track heart rate.  I would have bought the Ace if it did.  We need one of these to be available.  

Best Answer

We were told to get a fitbit for our 8 year old to track heart rate & setup alarms if it gets too high. The ACE is useless... we had to get the Fitbit Inspire HR for him & now I can't set it up too. This is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer

@twoemu   I am sorry that the person who advised you to use a Fitbit to monitor your child's heart rate does not understand Fitbit products and limitations.  I do want you to know that, even if you could set up an Inspire HR for an 8 year old, there are no heart rate alarms (not on the Inspire HR or any Fitbit with a heart rate monitor).  There is another thing you must understand.  A Fitbit is not a medical device.  Whoever advised you to use a Fitbit for this reason needs to recommend a medical device that is intended for this purpose.

@beanieg112   I realize that your post is a little old, but this same advice applies to you.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what you have chosen to reply about is not the main issue here. The main problem here is that kids aged lesser than 18 are not able to activate their brand new Inspire devices. That's a shame and is huge dampener! Is there a resolution? Or are we all resorting to lying about the age or better still returning the device. Just to be clear the Ace devices are too childish and kids above 9/10 aren't going to buy those. 

Thanks 

Sachin

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This doesn't make sense.  A parent can waive privacy for their kids, put them and their information on Billboard's, ...  Seems like just unthoughtful policy by Fitbit.

Best Answer