Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off vibrations on Inspire 2?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have turned off all notifications for my Inspire 2, but it still vibrates periodically to notify me of zone mins and other things. I have severe anxiety and don't want it to ever vibrate because it scares me. how can I ensure it will stop?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @carafranke 

I think you want the Do Not Disturb option.  You can access it through the Settings App.  Please refer to pages 19-20 and page 24 for further details https://help.fitbit.com/manuals/manual_inspire_2_en_US.pdf

I hope this helps 😊

Best Answer

Thank you! I activated DND and will see how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a problem with the vibrations. I turned off all notifications and turned on the do not disturb.  How do I disable vibrations when both side buttons are pressed? I don’t know if it’s how I move my hand sometimes or what but it seems the buttons are always getting pressed and this thing is constantly vibrating. 

Best Answer

@Jgolli2 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for sharing what you're experiencing with your Inspire 2. 

When you press the button, make sure you cover the entire button with your thumb. Note that your Fitbit device vibrates when you activate the button. If you unintentionally press the button during workouts, try moving the band higher on your wrist to get a better fit.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it not possible to turn off vibrations altogether? Mine is always on DND but is constantly accidentally going off. The vibrations drive me crazy and it’s frustrating to not be able to turn them completely off.

Best Answer

@carafranke Thank you for getting back. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

Since the button is unintentionally pressed and due to this, the DND is constantly changing, try moving the band higher on your wrist to get a better fit. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesn’t work for me and that’s not the only instance where I get unwanted vibrations. This product is defective and the worst Fitbit I’ve ever had. I wish I had never bought it- I didn’t have this issue with the Alta, charge, or any other model. I wish I could get my money back and a better product.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues- I loved my Alta HR, it did everything I wanted.  I chose Inspire 2 because I didnt want a smartwatch.  I am disappointed that fitbit doesnt offer just a more basic tracker- they had to add so much stuff to this it ended up being a clunky wanna-be smartwatch that doesnt function well as either a basic tracker or a smartwatch.  I really went back and forth about whether I should return it, but I dont know if the Charge or other versions would just have the same problem. 

I do think I found a bit of a workaround for the vibrations though- put your tracker in the water lock mode.  It will sort of turn off the touch screen and side features, but still track your steps and HR.  if you want to see the screen, just double tap and it will appear as normal.  To start the waterlock feature- press both side buttons and hold down for a second, the DnD screen pops up- scroll down a couple options to the water lock, and double tap to activate.  Hope this helps 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information! I hadn't heard of the waterlock feature, but I'll try it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! 

I received a new Fitbit Inspire 2 for Christmas. I had the Inspire however the battery was not holding. The new one is good, however within a few minutes of having it on, I’m very frustrated with the sensitivity of the sides. It’s constantly vibrating and going into secondary settings simply because it’s touched my skin! Wearing the tracker higher on the wrist is a temporary solution however that’s not exactly where a “watch” would be worn... hoping an update could turn off the touch vibrations or change the sensitivity!  

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. The vibrating is incredibly annoying. I'm so frustrated, I was really looking forward to this upgrade. I had the Inspire HR and loved it! I don't think it's reasonable to move the device up your risk. It's quite uncomfortable. I also tried putting it on "water lock", while that solves the issue of the vibration, I can't receive any other notifications (i.e. texts, calls) or browse through any other options. If anyone can offer any advice, that would be helpful!

Best Answer
Hey,

After having it for two weeks, I sent it back. The solutions given are dumb and it’s not well thought out. I’m back to using my first Inspire even with its battery issues, it’s better than the new Inspire 2.

Larissa Falana-Leduc
Best Answer

I'm also finding the vibrations frustrating. I have always hated haptic feedback. I turn it off on my phone--I go to great lengths to track down every single setting with a vibration option. On my inspire 2 I'm getting vibration every time I bend my wrist backwards and some skin touches the buttons. 

The rationale behind the vibration is to knw whether you've made good contact with the button. But it's unnecessary. If I've pressed the button correctly, the screen turns on. I don't need two forms of confirmation that I've pressed a button correctly; I'm checking the time, not launching a nuclear warhead.

I thought I had done an adequate amount of research. I'm actually very disappointed that this isn't an option I can disable. I'm wondering if vibrating 100 extra times a day is going to impact my battery life. 

Best Answer
Hi there!

Completely agree with you! It’s so frustrating! There is no need to vibrate every single time, most people will have wrist skin contact during their every day tasks! When I contacted Fitbit about it, they said it wasn’t a complaint and I was first to complain about it, such lies!!! People are not happy with it! I returned mine, sad because I was so excited for a new Fitbit... good luck with yours! Be careful, you just might set off a launch somewhere LOL!

Larissa Falana-Leduc
Best Answer

It still goes off as described even with DND enabled.  Its driving me crazy

Best Answer
Ohhh!! I totally understand! I was annoyed! I returned it and got an Apple Watch for slightly less than Fitbit’s new smartwatches. I’ve always been a Fitbit supporter but over the years I’ve never had actual answers other than “ we will put it in file and maybe there will be an update” - very frustrating. Notifications stop, calls and texts no longer show and it takes 48hr or more to fully charge! Sorry Fitbit, I’m out!

Good luck to the superb community though, keep healthy!!!

Larissa Falana-Leduc
Best Answer

So the vibrations occur when both buttons are pressed, which happens to me when I bend my wrist. Why does the action of pushing both buttons need a vibration already? If we are pushing the button intentionally, we already know what’s going on. I’ve missed so many real notifications because I thought it was another accidental notification. I hope FitBit will send an update to turn off button vibrations. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the inspire 2 for a couple hours and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve tried putting it on DND, unpairing it, than repairing it, or putting it on water lock. And it STILL constantly vibrates. So irritating. 

Best Answer

I started having this problem recently.  I have DND on and Exercise notifications OFF.  Why does it show me some progress (not sure what - steps maybe?) and vibrate.  Did it when I was falling asleep a few nights ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes