Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 - Active Zone minutes not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, 

i can’t seem to change my zone mins from zero! Also I’m not receiving reminders even though they are all activated. 

I have the inspire 2 - I get notifications of a call or a what’s app (although I don’t get a preview) and all the updates say up to date. 

my heart rate never updates so I guess that’s why my zone mins aren’t changing... any ideas on how to fix this as it’s slightly annoying when that’s why I bought this! It’s currently just a pedometer!

thank you in advance!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Lilhide A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. If your Fitbit Inspire 2 isn't tracking active zone minutes, please check that your tracker is set to "On Wrist" and that the "Heart Rate" setting is turned on, this will be found in the Quick Settings app just press and hold both buttons to access it. 

In regards to the reminders you're not getting check that DND and Sleep mode settings are turned off these will be accessed from Quick Settings too. 

Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Sorry i've only just seen this! thank you so much - i will try both of these! thanks again! 🙂

Best Answer

I've been Googling all over for the last few days trying to find a solution to this problem, and this is the first actual approach that works - ensuring that the tracker is set to "on wrist." I'm not sure why it requires the "on wrist" setting, as I actually just clip my Inspire 2 or stick it in my pocket, but problem solved. My device is again updating zone minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@geebeethree Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the research done. 

When your Inspire 2 is set to "On Clip", certain features are turned off, including heart-rate tracking, automatic exercise tracking, and Active Zone Minutes. This is why when tracking AZM, your tracker needs to be On Wrist. 

Learn more about by checking this article How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a "step count" accuracy difference between using "on wrist" vs "on clip"? My Inspire 1 showed activity minutes fine when using it, but did not have the option of "on clip".. However, I realized that for walking/running, the thing really only was accurate (especially when on a treadmill) if I wore the inspire 1 on a clip at my chest.

Now I just switched to the inspire 2, and saw the "on clip" option, and thought it was to address the inaccuracy of wearing the wrist-version when walking or not moving arms as much....

So the question is : If I am wearing the inspire 2 ON A CLIP, ON my chest, will it still record accurately if the quick-setting is "on-wrist" so that active minutes show up like the inspire 1? Why is there no activity minutes when on the clip? This seems to just give a possibly false sense that the inspire 2 is not as good!

I really am upset that Fitbit seems to be shifting to totally on-wrist solutions, when many people are very active but do different things (for example... where one on your wrist working in a deli, slicing meat! watch what happens! Or push a cart all day with two hands, walking miles but not moving the arms as much: what happens? !! ). THe clip-on that can be worn on chest, or pocket/belt seems far more accurate overall when measuring step counts / activity...... so why is this not an extremely important use-case for FitBit?

Please tell me clearly how to use the Inspire 2 (or any other fitbit) to do things accurately! starting with how to show the proper steps/distance (AND ACTIVITY) like the inspire 1 did! I had it almost perfect on a 10 mile treadmill comparison, and now it seems like the inspire 2 is not as functional!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,
After I charged my fitbit today the zone minutes on the app on my phone disappeared.  Usually they are displayed below steps, miles and calories, now they are not there.  In settings I checked and it says "on wrist".  I am not finding heart rate setting on the fitbit in settings.  Should I be looking somewhere else?  I didn't change any settings to make zone minutes disappear.  This all changed after charging the phone.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

All my settings are set correctly for on being 'on the wrist and heart-rate tracking'.  After charging my fitbit I now cannot see zone minutes below steps on my phone.  How do I get them back?

I did a reset, it changed nothing.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes