Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 GPS drops out and does not map my run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have an Inspire 2 (have had is since August 2022, so not quite a year yet). I use an Andriod phone.

A couple months ago my Fitbit was mapping runs as expected. Recently, after I select "Run" on my Fitbit and I get the GPS connection notification, I place my phone in a pouch and run. I don't get a notification that the GPS signal has been lost during my run. Post-run, I notice the GPS connection icon is no longer on my phone.

I get crummy maps as shown in the pic below.

- Yes, I have Location permission on my phone set to "Allow all the time" during my run
- I have reset my Fitbit device
- I have reinstalled the app to have the latest version.

Have searched for a solution so apologies if I missed something. Does anyone have a solution, or is my Fitbit dying (despite being less than a year old)?

Screenshot_20230624_155226.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's good to see you for the first time in the community @chasing_mooses

Thanks for sharing the details regarding your Inspire 2.

I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but I've been informed that you already got in touch with them and it seems they've provided you with some instructions. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm afraid maps are still not being produced.

The troubleshooting steps I performed was to:
1) Force quit the Fitbit app on my Android phone
2) Switch Bluetooth off the  on again
3) Restart my phone.

I went for a long jog. After the jog, I did see the GPS Fitbit symbol on my phone, so I was hopeful that my Fitbit had mapped my run. However, I got the below map. 

Please let me know next steps to resolve. As stated before, it's still under warranty.

Screenshot_20230701_164649.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chasing_mooses Good to see you around the community.

Thanks for the feedback and the inquiry about GPS.

I've been informed that you contacted the Support team one more time, in this case, they will let you know how to proceed. Please let them know of the steps that you already tried. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes