Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 band keeps coming loose

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having problems with the pin on the band coming loose. It’s happening several times a day. I bought a replacement (on Amazon) which does the same. The pin isn’t secure once the band is attached on one side. The other is ok. I’m worried I’m going to lose the device- lucky so far that it’s stayed in my sleeve. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hi, I gave up eventually-as well as the band coming loose- maybe because of that- it wouldn’t track my HR or give me a sleep score so I got a refund and changed it for a Charge 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I received my Fitbit as a gift. My bands won’t stay on no matter what I do. I noticed one of the interior holes for the pins to sit in is not there. More than likely this is causing the bands to not stay in place. Is there a way to fix it or do I need to just return the Fitbit?

After reading all the comments it seems like it would be best to return the Fitbit as this is an error the company cannot fix. Any assistance is greatly appreciated 

Best Answer
I phoned Fitbit and they took details and sent a new watch. All has been good since (a year now)

Sent from Chris's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Inspire 2 for 13 months and it started doing this last week. It’s not the bands, I’ve tried several. It’s the tracker itself, the groove/hole/side the band should insert into is stripped out. It falls off when I’m sleeping and all throughout the day. This morning it came off while I was on the treadmill. I’m goi g yo lose it. The pin design is ridiculously outdated. Reminiscent of the old watches of the 1970’s.  Please send me a new tracker! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband bought the Inspire 2 for me for Christmas in 2020. My band started doing the same thing a couple of months ago. One side is fine, but the other side, the pin won't stay locked in. Bought a new band and it still wont lock in. I gave up and put my fitbit in the junk drawer, so frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had this very same problem a couple of months ago after owning my Fitbit Inspire 2 for two years. I reported it after trying other bands, etc. What finally worked was for me to switch up each side of the band. What I mean is that I usually had the buckle part of the band on the top of the Fitbit itself and the longer band with the holes in it attached to the bottom of the Fitbit. I switched them around as suggested by tech support. I have no idea what the difference is/was but it worked and I haven’t had a problem with the band falling off since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having the exact same issue with one pin on 1 side will not stay completely In place this is causing the watch to fall off several times several times throughout the day.

This is my daughter watch and she loves it but I don't want to replace because of this simple reason and have this happen again in just 5 months.

Any help on how to fix or repair from fitbit would be helpful.

Thanks 

Tim

Best Answer

Mine didn't even last a day before it popped off. Didn't notice. Found it in my laundry, thankfully before it went in the machine. No matter what I do the pin will not hold the strap on. Returning. Absolute garbage design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Extremely frustrating & I have had it replaced. Same thing. Luckily I have found it twice now after losing it & not knowing. Once in the street! And another in a parking lot!  All of the 100+ times I have felt it unlatch & caught it right away. Could someone please contact me??

Thank  you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Would love customer service to contact me. I’m afraid I’m going to loose my Fit Bit. We’ve tried multiple replacement bands with no luck. Has anyone heard back from Customer Support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not yet. And I cannot find a valid # to call 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update….I found my Fitbit wedged in underneath the. Front seat of car.  I purchased a new band and then it continued to happen.    I then lost the pin, but not the Fitbit.  I ordered a replacement pin kit and have gone thru several pins….but have been ok for almost 2 mos.  Still don’t understand why this keeps happening, but glad that I still have it at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - just got replacement band today and it popped off twice already within 20 minutes. The pin will not hold and they are new pins.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issues with band coming off. Tried to ensure pin in locked but looks like plastic gets worn and no longer holds after a few months in our case

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! I am having this same problem, one side clicks in and stays firmly while the other side continues to pop off! Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Hi Liliya,

Tried to reach out on email and page kept erroring.

Received an Inspire 2 for Christmas and the band keeps coming off even with the slightest tension, almost as if the pin isn’t locking in. Even tried the other sized strap and still the same issue. I am worried I am going to lose the watch if it carries on.

Best Answer

I'm having this same issue, glad to know I'm not the only one. I've replaced pins, and bands and I've even switched how the bands were. It continually pops off, my inspire 2 is only about 8 months old. My sister and I bought them at the same time, she got the inspire 2 and I got the Luxe, she didn't like the side touch and asked to switch trackers; most of the time I don't notice it. I wish I had never switched, it doesn't matter what I do the band comes off only on one side. The pin is always secure, I have switched between several different clasp bands in those 8 months due to texture issues with no problem until now. I have now lost 3 different pins due to it popping off and am running out or replacement pins. I'm fed up and don't know what to do now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A Christmas present from my daughter.  When it stays on, I really enjoy this product. Swapped the shorter band for the larger size. The thing keeps falling off at different intervals and different situations. I’m fortunate that I haven’t lost it. Please provide us with some help!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. The pins will t stay in. What can be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to have them replace mine
Best Answer
0 Votes