Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last few months, 1 or 2 times a week my inspire fitbit battery will drain from 100% to 0 in an hour or 2, I've notices that it's like it is constantly showing the figures or time on (blinking from time on and off constantly) which drains the battery. It doesnt happen all the time as other times I can go 2 or 3 days with no issues . I did the update a few weeks back hoping this would fix the problem but it still persists. How can I fix it, fitbit is 1 year 2 months in use, so expect it still to be working well.

Moderator edit: updated subject clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @ElaineBl, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the battery draining issue that your Inspire 2 has experienced. I'd like you to try the tips that are listed in this help article in order to improve the battery life of your Fitbit device.

Finally, monitor your watch during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElaineBl -- Resetting any fitbit model tends to solve a lot of problems, so definitely give that a try. 

One less intuitive step would be to remove, and then add your inspire back to your app (click the icon of you at the top left of the screen on your app, taking you to the account screen, tap the icon for your fitbit, and then "remove device" at the bottom of the screen.  After that, go back a page, and "set up a device" choosing Inspire 2 (or whatever you are trying to add).  Doing that fixed a battery draining issue I recently experienced on an older Fitbit model (the One).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately reinstalling didn’t work.

Best Answer

Mine starting doing this 2 days ago. 

All my notifications stopped working alittl3 over 2 weeks ago.

I've rebooted my watch and jogged out of the app. And signed back in... last night I charged my watch and now it's already at 30% and I've hardly done anything. 

Best Answer

This happened to me too!!! my Fitbit inspire 2 is almost 2yrs old and it started acting crazy a couple of weeks ago. One charge usually lasted almost 2weeks and now it barely lasts 3 days. If the decline was gradual (like with my older fitbits) ok, fine, the device is getting old the battery is starting to go. But this happened practically overnight! One day it's fine and the next I charge it to 100% and it drops to 64% within hours. I also noticed that it would light up for no reason and the screen wouldn't turn off no matter what I did. This was especially fun when it started doing that as I was trying to fall asleep. uuuggghhhhh

Best Answer

Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this articleIn addition, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here.

The battery can last up to 7 days, although the decrease is normal over time as you said.; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after one or two days. Keep in mind that some of the feature that can drain the battery more rapidly are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 day when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Using an SpO2 clock face (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data).

If you're trying to get in touch with the Customer Support team, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes