Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 battery drains quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire 2 battery started to drain really quickly, in just 5-6 hours... I can't uae it anymore. I bought it a year and a half ago, does it get ruined so quickly? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I’m having the same issues with mine; my last maybe a day or 2 before it needs a charge. Also my wrist breaks out in a red rash. This is my second Fitbit I had the pink one but my puppy ate my first one. So purchased the same Fitbit in a different color; and I’ve had nothing but issues. Could it be just a factory defect? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ironically my Fitbit just started doing the same thing on Thursday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing that as well over the last few days. I also have an issue where the screen keeps turning itself on and off randomly even when it's just sitting in the charging cradle. I can't get 12 hours out of the thing now and it's only a year old. I've had Germin and Samsung trackers but decided to try Fitbit this time. I was happy with my purchase up until these last few days. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

So, they just came out with the Inspire 3 (mid September ship date), and I also looked up how tough it is to replace an Inspire 2 battery - it requires desoldering the battery from a chip, an operation finicky enough most independent repair shops won't touch.

I think Fitbit/Google only designed the batt to last until the new model came out, and people in this thread with problems since May/June were the unlucky few who experienced faster than average battery capacity loss.  Mine's down to about 2days per charge.

I'll double check with my local phone repair shop, but it's looking like this is just run of the mill planned obsolescence, unfortunately.

Best Answer

I bought an Inspire 2 in Nov 2021, in May 2022 it started to lose battery very quickly.  I contacted Fitbit, told them I had done all the fixes I had found online but nothing worked.  They sent me a replacement unit.  Today, Sept 3 22, the replacement unit is doing the same exact thing.  Battery dying after 3 months?  That's ridiculous!   A little online research says that the "expected" battery life is about 2 years.

I wonder if they would replace the replacement ?  It's still within the one-year from original purchase.

WtH?  I was just trying to find out what version firmware I have, and I see an activation date of May 11th  2021 ?!  Over a year before I received it?   Was this a return they repacked and sent out as new?

Best Answer

Oh no! I hope that's not the case. I just bought a new Inspire 2. 😫

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, hoping they can replace my inspire 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, curious timing with all the Black Friday madness. My inspire 2 is dead just when I COULD purchase a new one. I th8nk I’ll switch to an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes