Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 buttons don't work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been using my Inspire 2 for about a year and a half. Last night the side buttons/sensors suddenly stopped working. I don’t believe water lock is on since my screen isn’t locked and I can scroll with my finger. But because I can’t use the side buttons at all I can’t make any changes in settings since I can’t use the side buttons to get out of whatever setting I’m in. I’m just get stuck there and have to reboot the device or change the clock face setting from the app to get back to the main menu. The side buttons don’t work at all. Rebooting has not helped the problem either. Also, I just noticed that there is a bunch of water or condensation under my screen. I usually don’t wear my Inspire 2 in water but I did wear it swimming one time last week. I thought the Inspire 2 was swimproof up to 50m? Anyone have similar experiences or have any input?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AlyceJay Oh dear! That sounds as if water has got in (it shouldn't have) and it has died. Leave it is a warm dry environment t until the condensation clears.  My hope is that it will then start working properly again. As it's over 1 year old warranty is void in most places but if you are in Europe or Australia it will still be covered. In this case contact Fitbit Support  

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

How did you reboot when the side buttons didn't work? Mine are now broken but I'm stuck in a workout and can't end it. 

Best Answer

It’s been a while since I posted originally. If I’m remembering correctly I was able to reboot it from the touch screen. I think there are YouTube videos showing how to do it. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. My Inspire 2 completely died shortly after. I had worn it in a pool for a few minutes for a quick swim and the water got under the face and fried it. I contacted Fitbit and they said it was water resistant up to 50m but my watch clearly wasn’t and a bunch of water got in. They refused to help or replace it and told me I should just buy a new one. The watch was just over a year old (technically out of warranty) so I was screwed. Sorry you’re having issues too! 

Best Answer

Ah okay thank you for the reply. I was able to get it to reboot temporarily by changing the clock face in the app, but the side buttons still don't work so it's basically useless at this point. I can also see condensation under my screen, and I'm also out of warranty, so I bought a new one. I was actually able to swim with mine dozens of times with no problem, but I guess even the non-faulty ones wear out eventually.

Best Answer