Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 buttons not working while sweaty/wet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone,

I purchased my Inspire 2 today and was using it while on the elliptical machine. While trying to pause the exercise using the two side buttons, I realized that they were not responsive. I had to wipe my hands and the fitbit before the buttons were working again - this sort of defeats the purpose as it's highly likely that the person/device will be sweaty during exercise. Has anyone else faced this issue? Please, let me know. Thanks!

Sid

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@sidsarker A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared. I took the liberty to share your post with our Support team and they mentioned you had a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Have a nice week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I'm experiening something like this as well.  It happened a month ago after I was swimming and came back, stopped again, came back.  It's been fine until today - went swimming and wore it in the shower afterwards and now the side sensors are not working again.  It tracks correctly and I can see the screen and navigate through it, but I can't use the side buttons to navigate back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SaraNYC @Soulfultails33 Hi there. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared. When swimming with your Fitbit Inspire 2, is recommended to follow these Wear and Care tips, this to ensure your band and tracker are clean and dry. If your tracker makes contact with water, this could behave as a button press. 

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, over the past month the side buttons have worked on and off.  Today the fitbit stopped tracking my pulse and has now stopped displaying and the fitbit is getting really warm.  Kinda sucks because I just started a high blood pressure medication last week and being able to track any changes in my RHR was a good thing but it sounds like I'm going to have to contact support to return it.   I dry it off and follow the Wear and care tips and it had been working pretty well aside from the side button issue, but it seems to be dead now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SaraNYC Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting followed prior to posting. I took the liberty to share your post with our Support team and they mentioned you already have a case with them please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, appreciate the response.  After communicating with the support team I have returned the Fitbit for replacement so maybe they can figure out what went wrong with it once they get get it back.

Best Answer

@SaraNYC Thank you for getting back.

I'm glad to hear that you're receiving a replacement! Happy stepping. 👟

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, got my replacement and so far I am having no problems with it at all.

Best Answer

@SaraNYC Thanks for getting back. Glad to hear you're enjoying your Inspire 2. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this issue as well with cycling. It’s super frustrating, especially if I have to stop at all and want to pause my progress. Is there a fix for this or is it a hardware issue? My haptic buttons don’t work at all unless my fingers are completely dry. I live on the gulf coast, just sayin...

Best Answer

@Rob828 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I'd like you to restart your Inspire 2 and continue monitoring its functionality after this. You may want to check out these Inspire 2 tips

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all the tips and tricks including updating and restarting. Things have only gotten worse and now my raise to view almost never works. I love the new extended battery, but all the issues have me seriously missing my inspire hr and considering finding one on Amazon before they are all gone. Any other solutions?

Best Answer

@Rob828 Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the troubleshooting performed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a new addition to the Fitbit community. I only had my inspire 2 for a few days. But while I was jogging the couldn't use the buttons. Even once u got home if my fingers were a little wet the buttons would not work. Needed to dry a lot. Is this an issue or just how it is?

Best Answer

I have this problem as well, after a run it can be very hard to get the buttons to recognise the touch.  Last night it took a minute to stop the tracker, which is very disappointing when you're trying to track your time to see if you have improved.

Best Answer

@mahdijogger Glad to see you in the Community. 

@RA_Aus Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thank you for the details mentioned. I see where your disappointment is coming from. Note that if Button Lock option is turned on, this will prevent the buttons on your tracker from activating, while your screen is off. To turn it off, tap the setting then tap to confirm it. 

Let's try restarting your Inspire 2 and continue monitoring its functionality. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

twice now I have finished a decently long jog and when I finished the side buttons were not responding. Took a good 5 minutes of wiping off my hands and Fitbit sensors. How can I correct this issue? Thanks.

sdw 

Best Answer

so as per the post above, i've tried resetting (plug it in and hold down the buttons) to see if that helps.  but i haven't been for a run to test it.  It happened to me again.  Got back from a run, sweaty, button pushes don't register.  Then i have to take it off, wipe it, wipe my fingers, etc, before it registers.  Pain the in the $%^&.

Best Answer