Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can any explain how to turn off estimated calories burned on inspire 2. I can only find old posting that follow the most updated app. Thank you! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I don't know what you mean by estimated calories burned.  All calorie burn in Fitbit is actually estimated.  if you mean BMR (basal metabolic rate) calorie burn, you cannot turn that off.  But in fact, that is probably the least "estimated" of all your calorie burn.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to have you onboard @Grider63 

Thanks for the details regarding to your Inspire 2.

As @JohnnyRow  mentioned, Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. If your device tracks heart rate, your heart-rate data is also included, especially to estimate calories burned during exercise. The number you see on your Fitbit device is your total calories burned for the day.

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day. Because your body burns calories even if you’re asleep or not moving, you see calories burned on your device when you wake up and will notice this number increase throughout the day.

Note that in certain regions, you see kilojoules instead of calories. To change your units of measurement, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Best Answer
0 Votes