Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 double tap very hard or inconsistent

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I find myself trying to see the screen, imaging that!!!  But I can’t get the screen to wake. It’s wakes with my wrist turn but I have to exaggerate my turn or sometimes try again. 
I have given on on double tapping. It no good. 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@Willslawrence It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

The double tap function will turn your screen on but it must be off for at least 10 seconds for this setting to take effect. Regarding your screen not turning on when you turn your wrist, please check that this setting has been activated by going into your 'Quick Settings' (press and hold the buttons on Inspire 2) choose 'Screen Wake' and turn it on. 

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Yeah my settings are on. That was the first thing I checked.

Screan wake works about 80% of the time. I wish it was more sensitive and woke it self up with less of a wrist turn... I’m developing this habit of “cranking my wrist” so make sure the screen wakes up. Feels a little silly some times.

Double tap pretty much never works unless it’s be less than about 10 seconds since the screen was on.
And man getting this device out of water lock can be a 2 minute battle sometimes.

Sorry for all the negativity.
I still love the Fitbit but I’m surprised you don’t have a few things fixed or a few other features like a setting that leaves the screen on indefinitely.

I don’t recommend this device to friends because of these little issues that make it a bit frustrating.

Will S. Lawrence
Streamline Drones

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am frustrated with same issues. I have checked and rechecked my settings, restarted and resynced several times. Wake screen And double tap hardly ever work. I always have to push buttons.

Also, rode my bike 17 miles Tuesday, peak zone 44 minutes and cardio zone 33 minutes and showed I burned 153 calories!!!

Best Answer

@Willslawrence Thank you for getting back. Your comments are appreciated, I completely understand where this frustration is coming from. 

Please restart your Inspire 2 and continue monitoring its behavior after this. 

@Lzinck Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

Since you have checked your settings and restarted the tracker but still experiencing this, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

In regards to the data that's being tracked by your Inspire 2 please make sure that your personal information is properly entered in your account, learn more about it by checking this article: How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Maybe I have a faulty device.
Maybe I can get a replacement. I still like Fitbit and don’t want a refund but a smooth working device would be great.
I’ll be a big advocate for you.
🙂

Will S. Lawrence
Streamline Drones

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Willslawrence Thank you for getting back. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I pinch both sides to get it to wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lurleblanc @CarolynCJ It's nice to see you on the Fitbit Community. In order to wake up the Inspire 2 you'll have to press both buttons. If you'd like to use the double tap function, please confirm it's turned on by doing the following: 

From the clock screen, swipe down and open the Settings app Tap the "Double Tap" setting to adjust it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for messaging me about this. I had tried all of those things but nothing worked. In order to see my Inspire 'screen' I had to squeeze both sides of the device, not always easy with my bracelet and hair bands on the same wrist. But it seems to have fixed itself when I changed the watch band! I'm happy with the device now!
Thanks again,
Carolyn

"Those who dance are considered mad by those who cannot hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche
Best Answer

@CarolynCJ Thank you for getting back. I'm glad to hear that it's back to normal after you changed the band. 

Happy stepping! 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have so many issues that are listed here. I also can't stand that just by moving my wrist I'm waking up the device by my skin coming in contact with the sensors on both sides which results in settings getting messed up all the time. 

I kinda want to see if I can return this and go back to my Alta HR.

Best Answer

I just purchased the inspire 2 mainly for all day heart rate monitor and to replace my simple digital watch. Also liking the sleep tracking. I also wish there was a setting to have the screen stay on all of the time for when I want to use it as a digital watch. I am experiencing everything you described in this post. The wake works maybe 80% of the time and I often have to re try and doing that many times a day had already gotten very old. Also have issues all day with the double tap not working. And same as you with the water mode. It takes trying multiple times to get out of it. I think if there was a setting to have the screen on all the time it would fix at least the wake and double tap issue for me. And I wouldn’t mind having to charge it more often. So I’m not sure if I’m going to look into returning it. I love all the features and wish the screen and navigating was better and more user friendly. 

Best Answer

Also I’ll add that I have watched videos, read all of the information on the website about how to navigate and use the inspire 2 and have done everything mentioned by the moderators in the thread. I was really hoping it would be a quick fix but from reading from others it seems like it’s just the device 😕 please fix this I wanted to love it! 🙂 

Best Answer

A week ago, I returned a brand new Inspire 2 as the double tap function wouldn't work at all. Went through the whole trouble of doing a factory reset and spent hours with customer service trying to solve it. I figured that I had just received a defective device. So, I went out and bought a second one and now less than a week later, the double tap function on this second device is also not working. This is clearly an Inspire 2 defect that FitBit needs to fix.

Best Answer

The same problem reported in this thread. I got the Inspire 2 for less than a day and I am already noticing trouble with double tap. I used to have Alta and it always responded to double tap. On the other hand, I have to tap Inspire 2 multiple times to turn on the screen. 

I am thinking of returning it and waiting for a new model! 

Best Answer

Please remember that the screen is a touch screen. A simple double touch is all that is needed.

This touch should be no different than the touch used while typing a text message in the phone. 

The harder the user hits the screen, the less likely the display will turn on. 

For screen wake with the rotation of the wrist. Hold the forearm somewhat horizontal, the angle seems to be within 30° of horizontal. Then smoothly rotate the wrist 90°. No jerking should be needed and would again be counter productive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried different double touch strengths and speed. Still, it is vastly inconsistent. There is a big difference between the consistency of the Alta and the inconsistency of Inspire 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also found the watch worked better with the wrist turning after I put on the longer wristband. Maybe it was to tight on my wrist. Although the double tap still does not work ?

Best Answer
0 Votes