Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 heart rate monitor doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please help! I purchased one for my wife recently.  The HR monitor worked for about an hour after it was 1st set up and now it doesn't seem to work.  I've restarted the phone, the app, re-logged in and restarted the device.  Nothing seems to work.  I'm not seeing the flashing light on the underside of the device at all.  

I'm wondering if it's defective and needs to be exchanged or if there's a setting issue I'm not aware of...

Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think I found something that might work—I reset my inspire, then chose “clip” and then “wrist” and my heartbeat started working again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

@tylerschott1977 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch in behalf of your wife. 

Please double check that her Inspire 2's heart rate settings are turned on by going into the Settings app on the tracker. Also, if the Inspire 2 is set to "On Clip" mode the heart-rate tracking along with other features will turned off. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same for me SilviaFitbit. Did what you suggested. But there is no “on clip” section. And it seems to be turned on. Please help. Purchased this yesterday and need to return if this is not working. Thank you fir your help. 

Best Answer

@Baronista Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you checked your settings. The "On Clip" and "On Wrist" features will be found in the "Quick Settings". To access them press and hold the buttons on Inspire 2 and tap those settings to adjust them. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer

I’m having similar issues, heart rate monitor is working somewhat but jumping wildly during exercise, and ever since I turned water lock on to swim now it won’t sync heart rate to my phone, I’ve checked settings, reset the device, synced it again manually, and even deleted the device and re synced it into the app.. so frustrating, wishing I shelled out the extra dough for an Apple Watch right about now.

Best Answer

The on clip was turned on...fixed. 

Best Answer

I think I found something that might work—I reset my inspire, then chose “clip” and then “wrist” and my heartbeat started working again. 

Best Answer

yep that worked, how strange. electronics are a mysterious thing LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you shared the fixes you found, you may want to check this article for further information: How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn’t working and I have done all of these things. I’ve had a simple Fitbit flex for years with very little issues and now I’m aggravated at this one just after a week. Probably going to return it

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hopkins5671 It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I would like you to confirm you've checked the settings mentioned above. Is your heart rate setting turned on? Are your other settings working? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really helpful, thank you, I must have accidentally selected 'clip', it is now working...

Best Answer

I found the same thing. I went into the device settings. Hit clip then wrist and it started working right away. 

Best Answer

I’ve had this issue as well. I got mine for a Christmas gift and it worked for one day. 
Was there a resolution to this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a new Inspire 2. Generally working, bpm isn’t working. BPM is on. It is set to wrist, not clip. I haven’t been able 2 make any of previous suggestions work either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hrevlns @Lestalk Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

If your heart rate isn't working, please check that On Wrist and Heart Rate are turned on in the Settings app, to access them press and hold both buttons. If the icons are illuminated, this means they have been activated. Is the heart rate icon turned on? 

Feel free to check out this article: How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Both monitor and on wrist were turned on. I read all the instructions. I turned them back off because this lack of functionality is very frustrating.
Are there other ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lestalk Thank you for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thank you!  Before looking on here I had done a chat with a Fitbit tech but he could not figure out why my inspire was not recording bp, active minutes, etc.  After almost a week of frustration I ask on here and get the solution.  I am so happy!!

Best Answer

@levernab Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for letting us know that you found the solution on the forums! 

See you around. Feel free to visit our Discussions Board, where you can find tips about Get Moving, Healthy Eating, Manage Weight, etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes