Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 is dark all the time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire 2 is dark all the time. Won't light up at all. Still works fine and does what I want it to do. 

I wondered if there is a brightness setting somewhere that I might have missed?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @DB1974 , yes, there is a brightness setting, and if it has gone to “dim” you will need to go into a very dark room to see it!  From the clock face screen (if you can see it!) keep swiping down until you come to the settings menu.  The first item on the settings menu is “Dim screen”.  Tap to turn it on or off.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have Dim set off and cannot see the display in sunlight. Really makes the device useless! Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @SunsetRunner , yes, the visibility in sunlight on the Inspire and Inspire 2 is an often reported complaint.  I am afraid there is no fix for that other than stepping into the shade.

I can confirm that the newest model, the Inspire 3, does not have this issue.  It has a lovely bright colour screen (as does the Luxe and other newer Fitbits - the technology has improved a lot, even since the Inspire 2).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only bought it yesterday so think I’ll return it as that brightness is no good to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If visibility in bright sunlight is an issue for you then it makes sense to return it, as there is no fix for this, as I said.  I would very much recommend the Inspire 3.  You will not have any visibility issues with that one.

Best Answer
0 Votes