Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 is not receiving text messages from iPhone 11

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire 2 has not received any texts messages from my iPhone11. I have turned Bluetooth off and on and reset my phone. The settings are correct in the app to receive them. I do not know how to reset my Inspire 2. I don’t know what else to try to get it to work.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @EMWatson, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your text messages are not coming through your Inspire 2, I understand where your concern is coming from. Thanks for already trying to solve the issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue to help you.

Have you tried restarting your tracker by following @SunsetRunner's steps? How did it go?

While reading your post I was wondering (as you have an iOS device) if the text messages your Inspire 2 is not receiving are iMessages? I also have an iPhone and had a similar trouble with those messages, but I tried toggling the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage and verified the "Show Previews" was on "Always". If this steps don't work for you, I suggest taking a look at the help article: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

We're looking forward to your response, let us know if you need further help. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @EMWatson - Here are instructions to reset your Inspire 2. Hopefully that will help. 

6059283F-B78D-416E-B226-EE74BFC5EC0D.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi there @EMWatson, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your text messages are not coming through your Inspire 2, I understand where your concern is coming from. Thanks for already trying to solve the issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue to help you.

Have you tried restarting your tracker by following @SunsetRunner's steps? How did it go?

While reading your post I was wondering (as you have an iOS device) if the text messages your Inspire 2 is not receiving are iMessages? I also have an iPhone and had a similar trouble with those messages, but I tried toggling the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage and verified the "Show Previews" was on "Always". If this steps don't work for you, I suggest taking a look at the help article: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

We're looking forward to your response, let us know if you need further help. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello. 
I was having the same issue. I have the Fitbit Inspire 2 and an IPhone 10XR. I confirmed everything was turned on in my IPhone notifications and my Fitbit, I turned my phone on and off, turned my notifications on and off as well. but nothing helped. This morning I went into my IPhone settings- scrolled down to Notifications- then Messages and changed Show Previews to Always and it worked! I also set my Notifications-Show Preview, as well as Fitbit-Show Preview to Always. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Laurie04, welcome on board. Thanks for letting us know that the tip I provided above has helped you too. 😉

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just got an Inspire 2 and am having this same problem. I followed all the steps in this thread (reset the device, and made sure that Show Previews is set to always). But no message notifications are coming to my Inspire 2. Any suggestions of other things to try? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @LoveNH. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I've provided above. 

May I know if the Sleep Mode and DND settings are turned off? If these settings are on, your tracker won't vibrate or turn on when receiving any type of notifications. You'll find more details about these settings here

If the issue persists after double checking the above settings, give a try to the following:

1. Forget your Inspire 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth settings nearby.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and restart your Inspire 2 one more time.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  5. Try receiving a call or text notification to test your tracker.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Thank you for your help. It was Do not disturb mode that was on. Now it’s working fine. 
Best Answer

@LoveNH You're welcome! I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 🙂

Please feel free to visit our Health & Wellness.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having this issue. I restarted both iphone 11 and inspire 2. Do not disturb and sleep are both off. Push notifications and preview are both always. When I check notifications on the inspire the messages are there however it didn’t vibrate when they came in? 

Best Answer
0 Votes