Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 no longer tracking sleep consistently

last week my fitbit inspire 2 stopped tracking my sleep, then the next day it recorded until 2 AM, the following day it tracked the whole night, for 2 days it did not track, then for 2 days it tracked until 3 am and 2 am. This type of erratic functionality continued.....

I made sure it was "on wrist" and that sleep was not crossed out. I wear it on the same tightness as all the previous years. the fit bit is fully charged.  I removed the app and reloaded, I did a hard reboot and it tracked that night, then stopped again the following nights.  

I would like a refund of my premium fees if this is something that cannot be resolved.

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Can someone look into this?

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

I am having the same issues. It only tracked 4 of 7 nights this week. I rely on tracking my deep sleep and REM so the frequent failures are frustrating. 

Best Answer

I am also having the same problem.  Tracker is just under 1 year old, so I would expect it to last longer than this.

Best Answer
Agree. I have had mine for about 3 years and haven’t had this problem to this extent until now. I am wondering if it is aging out or whether they are phasing this model out.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

The same thing is happening with mine. Plus the heart rate feature stopped working. I thought maybe it was just getting old? But it’s strange that it’s happening to other people too.

Best Answer

Same issue here.

Best Answer

Did you get any info? Mine is doing the same

Best Answer

Mine hasn’t recorded any sleep since January. Tried everything in the settings, might try removing and reloading. Had this inspire 2 around 2 years. 

Best Answer

logging sleep is intermittent for last couple of weeks. could manual sync on the app. today no sleep and no BR, HRV, skin temp variation. NOT ABLE TO MANUAL SYNC. have tried all recommended steps to fix. noticed there was an update to the software on google play store dated jan 22, 2024. 

Best Answer

No no answer so far. 

Best Answer

I bought my Inspire 2 just after Christmas last year. So... I would think they (the Fitbit peoples) would not fase out that model when they are still actively selling it. When they do, then my buy would be deception. Paying for a Fitbit that does not even work correctly for two months??? That should not be allowed.

So I only use it to record my sleep. Am a very bad sleeper so this helps me enormously to gain more insight in the sleeppattersn. And it turns out that I am sleeping more than I expected wich gives me less stress about the whole sleepingproces.

But... since last Wednesday (21/2/2024 or 2/21/2024) I am getting no sleepscore and only the "simple" sleepregistration (which does not help me).

Nothing is different from the weeks before, so that is not the problem (I am not the problem... the FitBit is).

For me it ís a major issue that this Fitbit, I just bought, is nót doing what it promises to do, so now it is just a useless expensive watch.

I expect Fitbit to do some fast troubleshooting.

Best Answer

Noticed it’s not treating my heart rate at all, which probably is the reason for this. So all it’s measuring is my steps.

Best Answer

Is this being worked on? I just bought an inspire 2 and day 2 it quit tracking heart rate and sleep. I've reviewed all settings and they are correct. 

This is so frustrating. I mean it's called HR. It literally has the function it won't perform right in the name. 

Best Answer

My inspire HR has had similar problems. I actually thought it was true, that I wasn't sleeping well (I had been unwell and exhausted!), but I've now also noticed that my app is not updating (syncing) at all, and that I have no data for over a week. Now that I've come to this community, I see I'm not alone.

Any updates would be great!

Jane

Best Answer

no, no answer.  It still is not consistent.  sometimes no data, sometimes an hour or two of data.

Best Answer

My almost 2-year old Inspire 2 randomly stopped recording sleep on Feb 23. Now heartbeat doesn't work reliably. Doesn't sync and loses communication. It is on the "On the Wrist" mode. Update won't load. 

Fitbit sleep.PNG

Best Answer

Mine stopped working yesterday (Sunday) worked fine until the update.  Unfortunate that no one has an answer for this and yet so many of us are now having the problem.  Hopefully someone comes up with a solution.  Sleep and Health Metrics stopped working and the BPM continues to blink "blue".  It is fully charged. 

Best Answer

I just went through the process of trying to send a direct message to fitbit about this, and the outcome was a load of 'message links' (as screenshot).

I decided to re-boot my phone.  I then manually synced my fitbit. The data uploaded.  It still looks a bit odd, but it is there which is progress! 

Screenshot_20240305_080814.jpg

Best Answer

They had me reboot, reload,update… it worked the first night, not the second, only tracked 1.5 hours of the third night, nothing on the fourth, then did track the next two nights. It’s hit or miss for me. Lots of people are having the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone

---

Not sure why they can’t address this successfully or get it fixed.
I am paying for a service that isn’t providing what I am paying for.
When any other service I get a refund.

---

I had to call Customer service. They had me update, reload, etc. it worked for a night then it was hit or miss, no data, partial data, full data.
No resolution

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

What did the trick in my case was to reset the inspire, turned off and on heart rate,  and disconnected and again connected it to my phone.

Best Answer