Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 no longer tracking sleep consistently

last week my fitbit inspire 2 stopped tracking my sleep, then the next day it recorded until 2 AM, the following day it tracked the whole night, for 2 days it did not track, then for 2 days it tracked until 3 am and 2 am. This type of erratic functionality continued.....

I made sure it was "on wrist" and that sleep was not crossed out. I wear it on the same tightness as all the previous years. the fit bit is fully charged.  I removed the app and reloaded, I did a hard reboot and it tracked that night, then stopped again the following nights.  

I would like a refund of my premium fees if this is something that cannot be resolved.

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Can someone look into this?

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Same here. I refuse to ever purchase a fitbit again or pay for premium service. No response to issues on this community page. Seems like their is a BIG problem on their end, they won't acknowledge. Horrible customer  service imo. 

Best Answer
I tried that but will try again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Tried every thing every day for 11 days. Still not pairing.
Best Answer

How did you get it to reset? Mine stopped both the sleep and heart rate also.  It's strange that I have been getting calendar reminders periodically on my Inspire 2 also. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In your Inspire, swipe to Settings, swipe to Reboot. In your App on your phone hit top left, where it also states your battery status, and click Add new device.

Best Answer

Same issue. After one year my inspire 2 is only tracking footsteps. Will not sync to my phone (or my old phone) have rebooted the Fitbit countless time, turned Bluetooth off and on, Bluetooth can't find Fitbit (no problem finding every other Bluetooth device within 30m)

Recently cancelled premium membership, not sure if that is connected to the issue but I am not throwing good money after bad.

After 6 years of various issues with Fitbit I am giving up and looking elsewhere.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same. For the last 3 -4 days for no apparent reason. Have checked all my settings etc

Best Answer
Extremely frustrating, alarm not syncing and over slept this morning.
Does someone from Fitbit monitor this space - what are they doing?
Warranty has just run out 😡
Best Answer
I don’t know if they monitor this site but I have seen conversations where it looks as though they might, on occasion? I did reach out by phone to customer service. They have been requesting that I do all the same things that I’ve been told to do before, and nothing has worked yet

As you can see from my original post many people have voted or commented indicating a lot of people are having this issue.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just joining in to say I'm having the same issue. It's really disappointing as the sleep stats are important to me. I bought this 2nd inspire 2 after my first stopped working exactly one year ago. It hasn't been tracking my sleep properly for a few weeks now, same as you, some nights not at all and some only for a few hours, with basic stats or broken periods when I know I've slept longer.  It's really frustrating. Now I'm not sure if I should trust HR and other features. If it's not resolved I'm definitely ready to jump ship. 

Best Answer
Try turning the watch around so it is on the inside of your wrist, lighter
skin seems to work better
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out how to fix it and mine is working fine now.

Since so many of us have the same issue at the same it must have been an update. The customer service is non existent so I won't buy another one. 

I found the solution on where else but Google. It seems that the update changed our settings from "On wrist" to "On Clip" so it wasn't reading for sleep or heart rate. You have to go into settings on your band to change the settings to on wrist.

Good luck!

Best Answer
Thanks xmnuz23762
I found a phone number for tech support late last week and they talked me
through on belt/on wrist.
Problem solvered
Cheers
Best Answer
Sadly,

This was asked to be checked four times now... I was always on wrist but I
checked each time.

This hasn't fixed the issue for me.

Yes, it will capture one night, then it won't capture the next or the next
is captured for 3 hours, then it's done.

But thank you for the input, I am always looking for a resolution
Best Answer
The choices for "on wrist" or "on clip" have been looked at a number of
times

Each time, it is correct.

The one time it wasn't, the device worked for a day, then went back to not
capturing sleep

But thank you for your input, it is always welcomed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up phoning their help line. They talked me through sorting out the
issue. Found it on the Fitbit webpage
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me. I use a cpap for sleep apnea so i can cross check the time but lately my inspire 2 has been showing that i am sleeping when i'm up and about and showing i'm awake when i know i was sleeping during those hours.

Another issue i'm having is that it no longer notifies me if i'm in need of getting my minimum 250 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t know if you’ve already had a response but mine did the same, contacted customer support and they informed me my Fitbit was “on clip” mode, which doesn’t track your heart rate or sleep. If you go into your Fitbit settings you can change this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I have now sorted . Set to 'on wrist' and now sleep recorded. Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes