Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 not connecting with the App!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire 2 would not sync so I followed all the recommendations. The Bluetooth on my phone is recognizing the Inspire 2.  When I go to the App it requests a 4-digit code which I am able to retrieve from my watch then it just keeps saying, "connecting" but never connects. I have repeated turning the watch off, turning the phone off, reinstalling the app, etc. all in the order recommended with no success in connecting the watch!! Any insight into what to try would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SharLane 

Have you tried restarting your Inspire 2? Plug your Inspire 2 into its charger then press down the button on the Inspire 2 until you see a smiley face icon then release the button. Now try syncing. If the issue persist try setting up your Inspire 2 as a new device. You will not lose any data doing so. Your data is saved on the Fitbit servers. You will though lose any data that occurred “after” your last successful sync. First look to see if your mobile device is indeed compatible with the Fitbit App: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices. If you are indeed compatible make sure you have the latest Fitbit App version installed and make sure your phone is also updated. Now log out of the Fitbit App then go to your Bluetooth on your mobile phone and remove your Inspire 2 from your Bluetooth. (On iOS tap the blue information icon to the right of Inspire 2 then tap forget device…on an android tap Inspire 2 then tap unpair) Next turn your Bluetooth off then shut down your phone for 1-2 mins. Restart your phone, turn your Bluetooth on the log back into your Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap Set Up A New Device. Pick Inspire 2 from the list of available trackers the follow the onscreen instructions. When your asked if you want to replace your Inspire 2 say yes. 
😃 Hopefully this gets you back up and running again. Please come back and let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the detailed suggestions. Unfortunately, I had already tried them several times with no success. I even contacted support via online chat and they could not resolve my issue either. I am apparently being sent in escalation and should expect an email. Very frustrating. I guess a new purchase may be in order for a different brand of fitness tracker.

Best Answer

I’m happy the Fitbit Customer Service is sorting it out for you @SharLane ! Hopefully it gets resolved soon. 😃

Best Answer